Why does my Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti Graphics card keep crashing?
So I was doing some boosting to my computer with several softwares: Game booster 3, Razer Cortex (both for boosting and for stopping unnecessary tasks, MSI Afterburner (for overclocking (settings used: http://i.imgur.com/qjg10hd.png); then I went to play then my computer crashes, then recovers, and has EXTREME LAG. At the bottom right corner it said, "Display driver Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti stopped responding, and has successfully recovered." The same happens for nearly every game I play the graphics card keeps crashing. Now the biggest question: How can I fix this?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Rumpelcrutchskin Dec 24, 2014 @ 6:47pm 
Remembered to get latest drivers from nvidia website while doing all that boosting? ;-)
Lord of Alcatraz Dec 24, 2014 @ 6:57pm 
I do have the latest.
Lord of Alcatraz Dec 24, 2014 @ 7:03pm 
I uninstalled the softwares, and it works! (yes I just did that now :p). Spread the word!
Bad 💀 Motha Dec 24, 2014 @ 8:57pm 
Uninstalled what software? MSI Afterburner is good; but it's OSD are not liked by some apps/games and so that can always pose an issue. As for anything related to Booster Software; get rid of that crap; it's just not needed. Especially since MSI Afterburner already has an OSD of it's own; if a Booster app has one active at the same time; then that almost always will result is issues, crashing, etc.

And why would u ask such questions but then u are at the same time OC'ing things. OC is always the first thing to rule out.
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Dec 24, 2014 @ 8:58pm
ThatOneGuy Dec 25, 2014 @ 3:42am 
{TIPS} When you go to overclock , do it "Bit by Bit" for future refrence and after the couple of times where the setting are changed just play a game or stress test it to make sure everything is stable

also make sure you have good cooling , a "in,out" (where one fan face in one faces out ) is a good idea and helps maintain component life span or mabye try water cooling for a greater effect of cooling.

Google is a great resource for pc upgrading and building and dont forget it :D

DrewLetsPlays.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 24, 2014 @ 6:45pm