DiRT Rally

DiRT Rally

View Stats:
Completely new to PC gaming
im normally a playstation fan but after seeing dirt rally im tempted to try my hand at pc gaming but i want to make sure my laptop will be able to run the game but im not sure how to match up my pc specs to the required specs.

i have a toshiba satellite C50-B-14D

any help is greatly appreciated
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
yusupov May 4, 2015 @ 10:24am 
hey,

laptops are generally bad news for gaming, unless theyre custom built for the job. unfortunately that appears to be no exception, its an absolute no go for gaming in general.

if yr looking into getting into pc gaming, i think realistically a ready to go budget gaming PC could be ordered for $700+. but otherwise you might want to ask on the codemasters board if there are plans to bring the game out for ps4 later. xbox one & ps4 dont, afaik, really have the early access 'feature' that has taken off on steam.
Bad 💀 Motha May 4, 2015 @ 3:35pm 
Celeron is one of the lowest forms of a CPU, and with only the Intel HD GPU, hmm NO.
That type of system would stutter just doing the most basic stuff, let alone anything beyond a Java/Flash game.

Look at "gaming" laptops in the 1000+ ranges -or- Buy/Build a Desktop suited for gaming -or- stick to your Console.
geekl33tgamer May 4, 2015 @ 4:01pm 
I echo what Bad-Motha said after looking up the laptop specs. The dual core Celeron and it's intergrated graphics are a big no-no for gaming.

Sadly, you'll need something faster (dedicated graphics are a must). Gaming laptops exist, but prepare to empty your wallet to buy one. If you can make space for a small tower PC, it will easilly come in at half the cost for something decent over a gaming laptop.
Last edited by geekl33tgamer; May 4, 2015 @ 4:03pm
Bad 💀 Motha May 4, 2015 @ 4:43pm 
Grandma would even be complaining that Pogo takes too long on that Laptop.
Seriously, it's just no doable.
Dot Matrix May 4, 2015 @ 4:57pm 
If you have the patience, this game will eventually be available on the PS4.
TopShot Sackett May 4, 2015 @ 5:33pm 
Hi,
sorry that loptop won't be able to run dirt 3 let alone dirt rally, however I know of a good form you can look at LinusTechTips.com is a good place where there are lots of pople that can help you out. you can build a gaming pc for about $400 new NOT $700+( you could do it cheaper if you got used parts) that could run dirt rally at medium to high at 1080p. Here is a good video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7OIOnAavC0
If you need any more help just let me know :)
Crackermachine May 4, 2015 @ 6:14pm 
The big thing with PC gaming is the initial price I would imagine, with gaps of spending nothing, to spending money on upgrades here and there. This is what many of us love about PC gaming. Your console was 300-400 dollars, it's set.

Build yourself a decent gaming PC for more money, quite a bit more, but you will be set for years to come. Instead of buying new consoles, you can just upgrade parts, if you invest in a decent graphics card such, you will have a much better experience over time. A decent investment that pays off.

Building your own PC will enable you to upgrade as technology progresses. If you pick a decent tower it will last you an unestimatable amount of time. A full size tower, while big can last you for nearly a decade, not counting ridiculous upgrades that change the basic sizes of everything.

All the mods, equipment, etc. are usually way better.

Plus these days, you can hook that PC up to your huge flatscreen and play like a boss.

I like the fact that I can play PC games on amazing settings, spent more than a ps3 or xbox1 but whatever, anything new that comes out from now on hardware wise is just usually a moderate sum here and there. All those mods tho...it's so fun for PC.
Crackermachine May 4, 2015 @ 6:16pm 
and if you like the controllers, every console made has a controller you can use to play PC games
Crackermachine May 4, 2015 @ 6:25pm 
Dunno what you bought. Never had that issue in 10 years of replacing my old hardware. Decided to do a complete rebuild 6 months ago...

CorporateHammer May 4, 2015 @ 6:26pm 
Originally posted by element109:
Originally posted by Crackermachine:
The big thing with PC gaming is the initial price I would imagine, with gaps of spending nothing, to spending money on upgrades here and there. This is what many of us love about PC gaming. Your console was 300-400 dollars, it's set.

Build yourself a decent gaming PC for more money, quite a bit more, but you will be set for years to come. Instead of buying new consoles, you can just upgrade parts, if you invest in a decent graphics card such, you will have a much better experience over time. A decent investment that pays off.

Building your own PC will enable you to upgrade as technology progresses. If you pick a decent tower it will last you an unestimatable amount of time. A full size tower, while big can last you for nearly a decade, not counting ridiculous upgrades that change the basic sizes of everything.

All the mods, equipment, etc. are usually way better.

Plus these days, you can hook that PC up to your huge flatscreen and play like a boss.

I like the fact that I can play PC games on amazing settings, spent more than a ps3 or xbox1 but whatever, anything new that comes out from now on hardware wise is just usually a moderate sum here and there. All those mods tho...it's so fun for PC.
I spent $500 on a graphics card once and within 3 months I was unable to play any new games, I quit PC gaming for 10 years until I got a new PC. Just something to think about.

Simply absurd. 3 months? someone clearly over exaggerating or simply got ripped off not knowing wtf he or she was buying.
Crackermachine May 4, 2015 @ 6:28pm 
maybe you didnt upgrade your Power Supply to properly accept the new hardware.
Uzi [OTG] May 4, 2015 @ 7:34pm 
2011 I built my new game rig.
around a intel i7 2600k CPU
and a GTX580 which by that time was not the newest kid on the block, as I recall.
It was not until fall 2014 I replaced the GTX580, which by the way was working fine
for me in all games *I* played to that date. (at 1920x1200)
I only replaced it cause I wanted to to get a bit more scaling for EUroTruck Simulator 2.
GTX970.
Same CPU, same system board.
I see no reason to replace the CPU here unless, knock on wood, something horrible happens
to system board. I expect the CPU here will suffice for several years to come if not more.

Just saying. PC systems built right from the start for gaming, will last many years now.
yes, you have to spend a lot of time on research before rushing out to buy.
Its all about planning.
Lot of reading .

I do recall back in the late 80's and thru the 1990's that wasn't the case back then.
The update curve was a bit higher then if you wanted to keep up with fair performance with
newer games of that era.
So things have improved greatly in the past 8 years or so in that regard.

I'm tempted to plonk that GTX580 in this box just to see if this game would run on
it at Ultra as I do now. I expect it would do just fine for this title. Too much like work
though so I'll leave it in closet as backup.
It only had 1.5GB of V RAM though, not really enough....

Oh, and to the OP.
Don't try to force that laptop to do what it isn't designed for.
If you don't have the cash to outlay for a GOOD gaming PC rig, I would be happy
and stick with a console machine.
You would just frustrate yourself trying to bend that laptop hardware in a way it can't be bent.
Last edited by Uzi [OTG]; May 4, 2015 @ 7:37pm
CorporateHammer May 5, 2015 @ 5:00pm 
Originally posted by element109:
Originally posted by CorporateHammer:

Simply absurd. 3 months? someone clearly over exaggerating or simply got ripped off not knowing wtf he or she was buying.

It is not nearly as bad now as it used to be, but I still haven't forgotten. I did not get ripped off and I new exactly what I was doing. What I didn't know was what the industry was doing at that time.

Fair enough, I remember the days of VooDoo LOL but lets not try and scare someone off from gaming on PC. Having started out on console and building a PC about 4 years ago to game on, I can say it was the best decision I ever made. The price of games are in completely different ball parks and dishing out $200 - $300 on a video card will last couple years with proper research on what your buying.
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 4, 2015 @ 10:08am