Dreyfach Apr 4 @ 11:04pm
Steam Machine revelutionalise Gaming or is it the Next Virtual Boy ?
I heard that valve is making a console it is in all major Gaming magazine etc. Many People are saying that it wont be successful and others say it will revelutionalise gaming. Do you guys have info about this or questions? Well i sure have alot of things i want to know about this?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Dreyfach Apr 4 @ 11:14pm 
Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
http://steamcommunity.com/groups/steamuniverse
Thx my point was for humans to post what they know or think i or want to know
Bad-Motha Apr 4 @ 11:19pm 
FYI, that group is an announcement and discussion board for things such as:

Steam Machine
Steam Controller
Steam OS
Last edited by Bad-Motha; Apr 4 @ 11:19pm
Dreyfach Apr 4 @ 11:19pm 
i know that
HBZK100 Apr 4 @ 11:35pm 
I honestly don't know, because if it does start to make business it will just be a more expensive xbox or ps4. Plus, lots of people build their own pcs too.

It still looks promising, but It will be the competition that will either kill it or let it take off.
Dreyfach Apr 4 @ 11:40pm 
the ideo is unipue but not new as you said
twitch.tv/boomytube Apr 4 @ 11:53pm 
Eh I have higher hopes for the Oculus Rift. Totally different monster all together, but I believe Steam machines are geared for people who want to get into PC gaming but don't have a rig.
Last edited by twitch.tv/boomytube; Apr 4 @ 11:54pm
PLANTROON Apr 5 @ 12:06am 
Unless things change it's gonna fail.
Linux (what Steam OS is based on) will only perform well on high end PCs and therefore the price can't go down. All steam machines have kinda highend components in them. But at least it's on a good way :)
warrior2023 Apr 5 @ 3:18am 
Honestly, if the SteamBox was to be revolutionary, they would have come up with a working version and released it by now. We all know how Valve is. I don't think it'll be a flop, but it won't really change much either. Unless they want to make the systems cheaper than the graphics cards inside them.
Last edited by warrior2023; Apr 5 @ 3:19am
Dreyfach Apr 5 @ 4:21am 
But you could just buy the cheapest one and customise it
PLANTROON Apr 5 @ 4:25am 
There is no damn reason to run Linux on those machines. If you configure Windows 8.1 to run Big Picture on startup, you get even better startup times/game loading times/better performance. It will take time to get the same performance on Linux... like 20 years lol :D
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 4 @ 11:04pm