GTX 780 (ASUS)
how far can i safely OC my graphics card through GPU tweak
< >
Beiträge 115 von 17
Who knows, every GPU is different and has it's own limits.
I would not recommend to overclock Asus GTX 780 much at all since Asus GTX 780 cards are all factory overclocked anyway.
Quite a few people have killed their shiny new card with overenthusiastic overclock in first week.
If you want to do it then small steps and run stress tests after each step.
what is a good stress test to run?
Most benchmark programs have stress tests that you can run trying to get good overclock.
Something like Futuremark or Unigine Heaven.
ok thankyou ill probably just leave it as is and just tinker with my cpu when i get a h80i
Go back to 1999, when overclocking was considered cool and they used liquid nitrogen.

Next Gen PCs, memory and graphic cards don't need any overclocking what-so-ever. When your already running every latest game at 1440p resolution on ultra settings with 60FPS+ minimum, why would you bother with an extra few frames? You get more heat and shorten the lifespan, than you do getting any noticable performance.

If you really want performance, wait till 2016 - DDR4 doubles the memory bandwidth of DDR3 and will slowly replace/wipe it out. New gaming motherboards to support all this. Nvidia Pascal graphic cards have 5-12x the bandwidth replacing the motherboard's PCI-e 16x slot (16GB/s) with a whopping 80GB/s. Win 8 is dropped for Win 9, which is a smaller, patched up version and will most likely support DirectX 12. 4k/UltraHD monitors will become the standard. Game developers just try and max it all out please... Overclocking R.I.P
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Azza ☠; 4. Apr. 2014 um 20:48
Why would anyone need to overclock a GTX 780 ? lol.. Unigine Valley is the most demanding unigine benchmark and is really pleasing to watch
@Azza dreamin' ? :D
yeah thats true ill probably just keep it the way it is this card is a beast anyways but thankyou for your input does the same go for OCing a cpu as well or would you say thats a different story
these people literaly have no idea/have never overclocked.
yes you can overclock your GPU. use either the asus ai tweak or the MSI afterburner ( MSI AB is the better one IMO) My GTX 690 does a +150mhz on the core without any voltage increases and same goes for the memory.
just keep increasing the memory core + ram untill you are happy. if you crash increase the voltage by 1 incriment ( dont worry the card has a bios that will shut down if you go to dangerous limits).
whats your cpu and motherboard that you are thinking of overclocking? whats your PSU?
i have an i7 4770k and my mother board is an asus z87 pro the psu is a corsair cx750m
Ursprünglich geschrieben von AFN704:
i have an i7 4770k and my mother board is an asus z87 pro the psu is a corsair cx750m
hehe, a CPU sku thats designed to be overclocked and a chipset thats designed to be overclocked.

im not sure what the deal with intel overclock (as its diffirent from amd) but google a guide for an overclock for the 4770k and follow it, you should easily reach 4.2ghz+ :)
awesome im going to wait until i get an h80i first i just built my computer so i wanted to make sure it would fit before i bought it im just using the stock cooler for right now

thanks for all the help thought im new to steam and i have to say idk why i bought a ps4 pc gaming is way better as well as the community lol
Zuletzt bearbeitet von rotNdude; 5. Apr. 2014 um 13:32
Ursprünglich geschrieben von AFN704:
thanks for all the help thought im new to steam and i have to say idk why i bought a ps4 pc gaming is way better as well as the community lol

right about that, but to be honest i'd rather have a ps4 than a low end gaming pc ( that most people have i.e intel igp crap)
Ursprünglich geschrieben von time goblin:
these people literaly have no idea/have never overclocked.
yes you can overclock your GPU. use either the asus ai tweak or the MSI afterburner ( MSI AB is the better one IMO) My GTX 690 does a +150mhz on the core without any voltage increases and same goes for the memory.
just keep increasing the memory core + ram untill you are happy. if you crash increase the voltage by 1 incriment ( dont worry the card has a bios that will shut down if you go to dangerous limits).
whats your cpu and motherboard that you are thinking of overclocking? whats your PSU?

Difference is that all GTX 690 cards are reference cards and none of them are factory overclocked...

And yes overclocking CPU is whole another matter and there are serious benefits doing that since both Intel and AMD have not actually taking giant leaps forward.
Getting i7-4770K to 4.2 Ghz with Corsair H80i is easy and provides serious benefits in games unlike trying to squeeze few more Mhz from already powerful graphics card.
Zuletzt bearbeitet von Rumpelcrutchskin; 5. Apr. 2014 um 16:11
Leave your card alone. Your card is the corvette of cards and thus never needs tinkering.
the only reason i asked about my card is because the usage is going up to 99% when playing maxed out on the witcher 2 but temps aren't going above 60C the gameplay is smooth and also where can i find a fps counter
< >
Beiträge 115 von 17
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 4. Apr. 2014 um 19:27