VVeeknd Apr 2 @ 6:02pm
Recommend a PC build to a beginner
Hey guys, I'm switching from Console to PC. I really dont know much about PC builds so i would like to hear your suggestions. I have a budget of $1300 but i could add another $200.
Thanks.
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
HBZK100 Apr 2 @ 6:33pm 
1300 is plenty.

Here is a setup I would recomend:

Intel core i5 4670K (the best mainstream cpu for gaming)
Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz (reliable memory)
Geforce GTX 770 or r9 280X (however, get the most powerful graphics card you can get. It's the most important part of the rig.)
Samsung SSD, Western Digital hard drives are reliable and good.
Corsair h60 liquid cooler. Powerful and quiet cpu cooler aswell as compact.
Motherboard, any z87 motherboard that has good ratings.
I like corsair cases, but it's up to you.
The Log Master Apr 2 @ 7:04pm 
Originally posted by HBZK100:
1300 is plenty.

Geforce GTX 770 or r9 280X (however, get the most powerful graphics card you can get. It's the most important part of the rig.)

While the 4670k is a solid CPU, there is no point in paying for an unlocked chip and liquid cooling if OP does not plan to OC. OP, do you just want a rig to game from day one or do you also plan to squeeze some extra clock speed out of the CPU?

Pertaining to the SSD, since SSDs still have a fairly low price/storage ratio, get a primary SSD for your OS and maybe game you play often to speed up loading screens, and a 1TB HDD to actually store stuff on.

This[pcpartpicker.com] is probably your best bet (I left case blank since it's really personal prefrence)
Last edited by The Log Master; Apr 2 @ 7:14pm
xXFeZ_Clahn_mlg_gandalfXx Apr 2 @ 7:44pm 
Originally posted by HBZK100:
1300 is plenty.

the hyper 212 evo is good enough if you don't overclock.
Last edited by xXFeZ_Clahn_mlg_gandalfXx; Apr 2 @ 7:44pm
_I_ Apr 2 @ 8:09pm 
the 212evo will allow for a 4+ghz overclock on the 4670k

stock cooler is fine if you dont overclock
HBZK100 Apr 2 @ 8:22pm 
I just mentioned the h60 because it is compact and quieter than a air cooler. However, i'm not saying all air coolers are loud.
Rumpelcrutchskin Apr 2 @ 9:54pm 
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3l950

Can add second GTX 770 later if needed.
VVeeknd Apr 3 @ 7:08pm 
Thank you guys. I'll look into the builds and do some research.
Saint Neel Apr 3 @ 7:22pm 
$1300 can get you an amazing PC. You can get a GTX 760 4GB, an Intel I7 4770K, 16GB of RAM, a 3TB hard drive, a good motherboard, case, and power supply to support them, and still have $100 - $200 to spare.
The Log Master Apr 3 @ 7:28pm 
Originally posted by Sparta:

Just out of curiosity do you plan on overclocking?
VVeeknd Apr 3 @ 8:03pm 
Originally posted by DomCobb1:

Yes, i researched about just alittle while ago.
Why are you asking?
Rumpelcrutchskin Apr 3 @ 10:27pm 
Originally posted by Hinata Mac Grath:
$1300 can get you an amazing PC. You can get a GTX 760 4GB, an Intel I7 4770K, 16GB of RAM, a 3TB hard drive, a good motherboard, case, and power supply to support them, and still have $100 - $200 to spare.

4Gb version GTX 760 is pointless card since GTX 760 doesnt have enough power to utilize 4 Gb of VRAM.
HBZK100 Apr 3 @ 10:31pm 
Originally posted by Hinata Mac Grath:

Also 4770K is overkill for gaming, save the hundred bucks for i5.

Also going on the what the post above said, use that hundred bucks to get a gtx770 2gb as the 4gb is pointless because the memory chips can barely utilize anything over 2gbs.
The Log Master Apr 4 @ 1:01pm 
Originally posted by DomCobb1:

Yes, i researched about just alittle while ago.
Why are you asking?

Because only if you plan to is it worth getting the unlocked chip. Otherwise save a few bucks and go with a stock 4670.
MiddleFinger77 Apr 4 @ 6:20pm 
I build ONLY with AMD, thats not to say theres anything wrong with Intel. 1st decide which one you would rather have Amd or Intel- Once you narrow that down iam pretty sure we can put together a rig for you within minutes lol. Alot of guys here on Steam know there stuff and are nice enough to guide you in the right direction. Intel wins at certin things while Amd wins for best bang for your buck, Ive also seen with my own eyes a very low end amd cpu running the same exact game vs a intel i7 3770k and the Fps where EXACTLY the same! If your machine is just for gaming and not video editing go Amd, if you wanna render videos and 3-d stuff get urself a high-end Intel. Both platforms offer there own unique features to the table, I just so happen to Love my Amd rigs and i stick with what I know............... The single most Important piece of hardware like mentioned above is the Video-card aka Gpu, this will impact your gaming performance the most!!! 2nd in line i would say the Cpu itself, then the Motherboard then of course you wanna get urself a ssd instead of a hardrive. Spend as much as you can on the Video card and dont look back twice.
Last edited by MiddleFinger77; Apr 4 @ 6:23pm
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2 @ 6:02pm