For the entire time I've been on Steam, I've done most of my gaming off my family's computer. However, since I've been thinking of switching over to a dedicated gaming PC of my own at some point; so I'd like it if you could give me some advice on how to go at it. Any and all advice works, but the ones in particular I'd like to have answered are:
- Is it possible to transfer only PART of the data on a computer to another, instead of everything on it? (I only want my stuff on the new one, not a copy on both.)
- What would be the best Anti-Virus program, in your opinion?
- Would you reccomend building from scratch or buying prebuilt?
- If from scratch, could you reccomend parts?
- If prebuilt, what stores can I find them in (And what models would you suggest)?
- Any reccomendations for displays, mice, keyboards, etc.?
- I have heard some people say that they got VAC'd after launching Source Games (Like TF2) after making the switch. Is this something that I should worry about, and if so, what should I do about it?
Thanks to anyone who responds.