$w0rdf|sh Mar 24 @ 7:19pm
new build gpu question
Im building a new pc. i will be putting in 2 cards right away and adding a third in a few months. i have narrowed it down to 2 evga titan black superclocked or 2 evga 780 ti kingpins...i will be gettin either an asus pb321q(4k) and adding 2 more eventually or 3 asus pg278q(1440p) which have the new nvidia g stnc chips when they release. any help or suggestions?
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Rumpelcrutchskin Mar 25 @ 4:14am 
Probably better to use Titan Blacks, more VRAM and good for 4K or multiple 1440p.

If you want 3-way SLI Titan Black PC there are really two ways of doing this:

1150 build with aircooled Titans:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3g6w1

Or 2011 build with custom watercooling loops for CPU and Titans:
http://pcpartpicker.com/p/3g6Al
Last edited by Rumpelcrutchskin; Mar 25 @ 4:54am
союз мошенники Mar 25 @ 5:28am 
Rumpelcrutchskin
in 2011 there is no sense to collect, will soon be the new processors, at the same price to old and new
better to take 1150
Last edited by союз мошенники; Mar 25 @ 5:29am
_I_ Mar 25 @ 5:47am 
for tri/quad gpu setup, 2011 will be alot better than a 1150 build
support for much faster cpus, and more pci-e channels for the gpus

if he can afford high end gpus he can spring the extra $500-900 for the 4930k/w 2011 quad sli board
Rumpelcrutchskin Mar 25 @ 5:56am 
Originally posted by союз мошенники:
Rumpelcrutchskin
in 2011 there is no sense to collect, will soon be the new processors, at the same price to old and new
better to take 1150

Well it's 6-core and I'm really not holding my breath about the planned 8-core Haswell-E's.
This "obsolete" system will probably still be kicking 5 years from now.
Intel is not exactly taking giant leaps forward lately.
_I_ Mar 25 @ 6:14am 
intel doesnt need to make much cpu improvements since amd is out of the picture

if they do make something much better, it would allow a good improvement for people with 1g i5/7 builds

but with ddr4 coming soon, it may add more to the upgrade cost
$w0rdf|sh Mar 25 @ 2:07pm 
thanks for the input so far this is what i have so far

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/swordfish9921/saved/45yk

i fig the next gen intels are going to be x99 mobo anyway so

throwing in a bunch of fans as i will most likely add a custom water cooling loop in a few months

i am going to get another titan black superclocked im just waiting to find 1 in stock again i just ordered these 2 i will have in a couple days

I was gonna wait for the asus pg278q swift with the nvidia g sync but it seems they might not be released till june july...i like the idea of this g sync but i dont think many other monitors are gonna have it plus i havent heard of 4k monitors with it yet

I was looking at the samsung u28d590d (28in 4k 60hz) release in 2 weeks and gonna be a fair price. i would pickup 3 of those if they are nice and worth it. obvi i would connect them via display port 1.2 but would each monitor get a wire from each of the gpu ex titan blk 1 plugs into monitor 1 then titan blk 2 plugs into monitor 2 and same w 3?
HBZK100 Mar 25 @ 10:11pm 
If you are only using displayport then yes you are correct.

The titan Z would be perfect for you, to bad you have to pay the same amount of money for three titans in order to buy one titan Z.
Azza ☠ Mar 25 @ 10:42pm 
DDR4 memory will be released later this year to early 2015... your'll most likely find new 5th generation motherboards will come out to support this. Along with the new Win 9 in April 2015, most likely with DirectX 12. Currently graphic cards don't even support the DirectX 11.2, which is supplied with Win 8.1 only. So you might also expect some new graphic card launched next year as well for this. Consider all this if you can hold off, but also note it will be well overpriced (DDR4 has already been labelled 30% price markup, upon launch) and the low-end components will be released first (overtime increasing - so it could end up being as far as 1-3 years later).

4K Monitors are a 'have' at the moment, expensive, problematic, but do look pretty when working. There are no 4K native games for PC or console yet. Also, don't get confused, that Samsung U28D590D is an Ultra HD, not a real 4K - people just use the same word (look for the UHD tag next to it). A 4K image (4096x2160) has 256 more lines of vertical resolution than UHD (3840x2160), and as a result, has a different native aspect ratio. UHD carries the HD designation denoting that its image is natively 16x9 in aspect ratio (1.78), which will make your Windows desktop fit more naturally. 4K requires two cable input from your graphic card - one cable each to generation half of the entire screen separately, 30Hz each making a max of 60Hz.

The Titan Z (2 GPUs merged into one card) would only be ideal for you if you don't have the space to SLI, else get Titans instead.

Your current system is a bit overkill in my opinion...

I would remove the second lot of 16GB memory as it will be unused in 99% of all cases, even if you run huge raw image processing.

Your SSD are too large and a waste. Instead of the VelociRaptor HDD, get a 2TB Western Digital Black Edition (with 64MB cache) and use a 64-128GB SSD on top of that as cache (via Intel Smart Response). Then place the OS on another 128-250GB SSD. Highly recommend getting Samsung Pro over Samsung Evo SSD... you will find the Write is capped on Evo at large loads it might get an annoying temporary delay every now and then, the Pros also live longer and overall more stable. Your get longer lifespan, almost the same performance (same for commonly used games/apps) and if your SSD dies, your data isn't completely lost - you can just disable cache and replace the SSD cache drive whenever easily.
Last edited by Azza ☠; Mar 25 @ 10:47pm
Showing 1-8 of 8 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 24 @ 7:19pm