Morgieeee 22. mars 2014 kl. 13.11
MY PC IS CRAP NEED HELP IN CPU,OS UPUGRADES!!
http://prntscr.com/3365pw
Please tell me the cheapest CPU AND OS to get so I can play most of the games T_T
< >
Viser 112 av 12 kommentarer
False Christian 22. mars 2014 kl. 13.56 
CPU: Core i5 4570K
RAM: 16GB Kingston ValueRam 1333MHz (lifetime warranty)
GPU: 2 R9 270X 2GB XFire or 1 R9 290.
P.S. : Cooler Master 750w GXII (certified 80 Bronze)
_I_ 22. mars 2014 kl. 15.15 
win7 -64 is under $100
or steam os is free

get a better power supply
cm is not good for sli, crossfire, or high end gpus
with the dual gpu or 300w gpu setup cm will be the ripplemaster

Morgieeee 23. mars 2014 kl. 13.57 
Opprinnelig skrevet av _I_:
win7 -64 is under $100
or steam os is free

get a better power supply
cm is not good for sli, crossfire, or high end gpus
with the dual gpu or 300w gpu setup cm will be the ripplemaster

Didn't understand anything from what you said but I'm interested in the Steam OS free thingy :D
Morgieeee 23. mars 2014 kl. 13.57 
Opprinnelig skrevet av False Christian:

And how much will that cost in total? :P
SilentHorizon 25. mars 2014 kl. 23.07 
can you give your specs for your pc? I wasn't able to really view that picture you posted.

That build Solitude is suggesting is around $1300.

Unless you have a high budget, you don't need two r9 gpus or a top of the line r9 290 just to get excellent frame rates. I'm assuming your on a tight budget
_I_ 26. mars 2014 kl. 0.03 
Opprinnelig skrevet av False Christian:

do not get kingston ram for an intel build
most of their kits are 1.65v yet, which will cook the imc on 1155/1150 cpus
after running ram at 1.65v they will not longer be able to run 3-4 dimms

look for 1600+ cl9- 1.5v- ram for any new build
they do not cost much more than generic (1333 cl9 1.5v) kits
Morgieeee 26. mars 2014 kl. 0.06 
Guys I no 0 things about CPU parts so...
All I need is a cheap Intel core that works well with games like GTA 5 in the future..
_I_ 26. mars 2014 kl. 0.12 
whats your budget for the build?

are you near a microcenter?
http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/default.aspx

do you have any parts to reuse?
or need any accessories? (keyboard/mouse, monitor, speakesr, controller)

cheapest good intel would be an i5 4440
Morgieeee 26. mars 2014 kl. 0.54 
Opprinnelig skrevet av _I_:
whats your budget for the build?

are you near a microcenter?
http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/default.aspx

do you have any parts to reuse?
or need any accessories? (keyboard/mouse, monitor, speakesr, controller)

cheapest good intel would be an i5 4440

Nope :/ I live in the gulf..
and ye I've got my accessories, btw I can get used stuff cz rich ppl here always get what the newest stuff and sell the older one ( Which is not that old..) and thanks for the advice of intel/..
TheOldMan 27. mars 2014 kl. 16.53 
check the following. may help..http://pcpartpicker.com/
SecretSanta 27. mars 2014 kl. 20.04 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Joh Mahmah:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Solitudine...:
All I need is a cheap Intel core that works well with games like GTA 5 in the future..

It is not that simple. To run modern games you just cannot add a new cpu and operating system and - voila', it's GTA V ready. There is so much more to a build like the case, power supply unit, motherboard, cooling, ram, graphics card, etc.

Stability, performance and longevity will be your worst enemy if you do not take the time to get it right. And you have not given enough information in that link about your current system for anyone here to give you sound advice.

***Buying a new cpu and new os alone will not make that pc GTA V ready.***

Currently you have:

***Intel Pentium Dual E2180 @ 2.00Ghz*** ( very weak cpu, your mobo may support an upgrade to a Core2Quad, but we need the motherboard make and model. C2Q's may be hard to come by and may not be worth the effort and money. A Q9560 may be very expensive even on E-Bay or Amazon - if you can even find one).

***Radeon 4800 series*** (a very old card series that may not even be supported or too weak at the very least to run a game like GTA V. Which 4800 series is this, is it onboard, do you have an open PCI-E slot available on your motherboard?).

***3.3 GB memory*** (8 gigs of memory should be your target for modern games but without knowing the make and model of your motherboard, it is difficult to know what you can upgrade to).

***Windows 7 Home Premium '32 bit'*** (you will need to upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit at the very least. A 64 bit operating system will allow you to have more ram).

I am assuming also that your power supply unit would be far to weak to even push a card that is capable enough to play GTA V at acceptable settings. And not knowing your motherboard make and model and your case size doesn't help as well. (An HD 7750 may be enough at lower settings if your psu is at least 350 to 400w).

The pc system requirements for GTA V are unknown at this time, I am not even sure if the game has been officially announced for pc.

I would higly suggest saving up and building a rig from scratch because quite honestly, I do not see how you can upgrade what appears to be pretty old hardware enough to be able to run GTA V well enough to make it playable - if it ever gets released on pc.

Sorry to be a bummer. :(
yeah adding to what he said you really will want to just consider rebuilding from the ground up. at the point you are at upgrading will be incredibly costly and not worth it in the long run. i suggest looking at newegg's deals as they usually have a good entry level gaming computer for around $300-400 that uses modern stuff. this will allow you to upgrade over time and yet still play at decent graphics settings for the time being.
Morgieeee 28. mars 2014 kl. 0.32 
Opprinnelig skrevet av Joh Mahmah:
Opprinnelig skrevet av Solitudine...:

It is not that simple. To run modern games you just cannot add a new cpu and operating system and - voila', it's GTA V ready. There is so much more to a build like the case, power supply unit, motherboard, cooling, ram, graphics card, etc.

Stability, performance and longevity will be your worst enemy if you do not take the time to get it right. And you have not given enough information in that link about your current system for anyone here to give you sound advice.

***Buying a new cpu and new os alone will not make that pc GTA V ready.***

Currently you have:

***Intel Pentium Dual E2180 @ 2.00Ghz*** ( very weak cpu, your mobo may support an upgrade to a Core2Quad, but we need the motherboard make and model. C2Q's may be hard to come by and may not be worth the effort and money. A Q9560 may be very expensive even on E-Bay or Amazon - if you can even find one).

***Radeon 4800 series*** (a very old card series that may not even be supported or too weak at the very least to run a game like GTA V. Which 4800 series is this, is it onboard, do you have an open PCI-E slot available on your motherboard?).

***3.3 GB memory*** (8 gigs of memory should be your target for modern games but without knowing the make and model of your motherboard, it is difficult to know what you can upgrade to).

***Windows 7 Home Premium '32 bit'*** (you will need to upgrade to Windows 7 64 bit at the very least. A 64 bit operating system will allow you to have more ram).

I am assuming also that your power supply unit would be far to weak to even push a card that is capable enough to play GTA V at acceptable settings. And not knowing your motherboard make and model and your case size doesn't help as well. (An HD 7750 may be enough at lower settings if your psu is at least 350 to 400w).

The pc system requirements for GTA V are unknown at this time, I am not even sure if the game has been officially announced for pc.

I would higly suggest saving up and building a rig from scratch because quite honestly, I do not see how you can upgrade what appears to be pretty old hardware enough to be able to run GTA V well enough to make it playable - if it ever gets released on pc.

Sorry to be a bummer. :(

Really thanks for the help mate!!
< >
Viser 112 av 12 kommentarer
Per side: 1530 50

Dato lagt ut: 22. mars 2014 kl. 13.11