Joker Mar 13 @ 3:41am
pc build/help me
hello not sure if this is the right place to be asking. i have nearly up to 1000 pounds to make a custom build but i dont know what to get, what is good or if it would even be all the parts. i have a basic pc at the moment but it cant play many games so i have a monitor and mouse and keyboard. can anyone give me some suggestions what to get or send me a full list or wishlist please. thanks

edit: i have a budget of about 650-750 now

edit 2: my friend has sent me a wishlist and i would like you to rate it to see if it is any good or if i can get better for up to 750

AMD FX 8320 8 core Processor
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Asus m5a97 le r2
Corsair 8GB Vengeance Memory Module
Seagate ST1000DX001 3.5 inch 1TB Hybrid Internal Solid State Drive
Asus direct cuii GeForce GTX 770 2GB
Zalman Z11 Plus ATX Mid Tower Case
Corsair CX750 Builder Series CX 750W ATX/EPS 80 PLUS Bronze PSU

totals about 680 pound7

yet another edit: changed again to final product will post at later date
Last edited by Joker; Mar 18 @ 1:54pm
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Mr. Hankey (Banned) Mar 13 @ 10:52am 
Last edited by Mr. Hankey; Mar 13 @ 1:22pm
_I_ Mar 13 @ 11:03am 
Originally posted by Syke:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/39d9l

find a 1866 cl9 ram kit, vs 2133 cl11
and id spend a little more for the xfx750 vs evga
its not bad, but on load it can get rippley
http://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/EVGA/NEX750G/11.html

else, both builds look good
rumps has better drives, skye has a 780 vs 770
Azza ☠ Mar 13 @ 11:09am 
I've mentioned this to someone else, but will repeat and extend on it as it might help you too.

For gaming purposes...

Intel 4th Gen (Haswell) gaming motherboard - such as from the Asus ROG (Republic of Gamers) series or G1 Sniper series, etc.

Intel Core i5-4670 CPU or i7-4771 (if multitasking, etc). Suggest you just get the non-K version of the CPU as it's cheaper and you will never need to overclock this generations PC anyways.

Nvidia GTX 780 graphics card (ACX cooler)

8GB DDR3 memory 1600MHz - CL7, CL8 or CL9 timing (lower CL, the better compared to MHz)

Western Digital or Seagate 1-2TB HDD with 64MB caching (Black Edition)
Small 64-120GB SSD used for Operating System boot or as a cache on the HDD (Intel Smart Response)

For the PSU (Power Supply Unit), the quickest and easiest option is just to look for the 80 PLUS Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply at around 700W. The best brand is Seasonic, some others are also good (such as Corsair, Antec or OCZ, etc) but most of those good ones just happen to be Seasonic just under a different label. You want detachable cables and separate quality rails.

For the OS, get Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit, if possible. Windows 8 is similar, but bloated with tablet (Metro) / touch screen / cloud network, etc, all which you probably will disable or ignore anyways.

Accessories...

Logitech G500 mouse
Logitech G710+ keyboard

or

Razer DeathAdder mouse
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Stealth keyboard

Razor Goliathus Speed Edition (if fast pased gaming such as FPS) or Control Edition mouse pad.

For the monitor, look for high refresh rate and low ~2ms response timing. If there's no response timing labeled on it, expect it to be > 5ms, which is bad - avoid this. Also don't worry about 1ms vs 2ms, etc... you will never see the difference. Look for a panel with a response time of 5 milliseconds (black-to-white) or 2 ms (gray-to-gray) or less. Constract ratings vary from brand to brand so be careful when checking this too. Don't worry about 3D or touch screen (unless your planning on Win 8, then touch might make it worth it?).
Last edited by Azza ☠; Mar 13 @ 11:10am
_I_ Mar 13 @ 11:14am 
for the price difference ($10-15) its well worth it getting the k ver of the 4670/4770
most good (all z87) boards will allow overclocking, and can hit 4+ghz with a 212evo

even tho overclocking them isnt needed at this point for games, it may be in the future
and will allow for the build to last longer for the next cpu/board upgrade
Last edited by _I_; Mar 13 @ 11:15am
Azza ☠ Mar 13 @ 11:38am 
^ The price difference between CPU non-k vs K version here is sometimes up to approx ~$100 more (clearly a rip off, some have been known to up the price on them as people want to pay more for the so-called best and are in higher demand). If it's only ~$10, then well worth going for it as mentioned above.
Last edited by Azza ☠; Mar 13 @ 11:42am
The Mighty Bear Mar 13 @ 11:41am 
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/39dD5

Coolermaster hyper 212 evo is both sold out in Aria and Scan you will have to wait for it to go back into stock. The next place to have it is Ebuyer but at nearly £30. The only alternative i can say maybe the Sliverstone AR01 Argon costing £25.18 from Scan

Pc partpicker is not 100% accurate
Buy Windows 7 from Aria £67.27 the cheapest i think.
Buy the Samsung optial drive from Scan for the same price to save on delivery.
Buy the western digital caviar black from either aria or scan to save on delivery.
You can buy the Crucial m500 240gb from Scan at £85.03 if you need all your parts to arrive together & the antec 302.
Last edited by The Mighty Bear; Mar 13 @ 11:44am
Joker Mar 14 @ 8:56am 
thanks for all the comments but the wishlists from part picker are no longer in price range i only have a max of about 750 now
The Mighty Bear Mar 14 @ 9:53am 
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3a5eD

Pc partpicker won't show windows 7 so don't forget to add it in Aria pc shopping basket

in total it comes to £741 with delivery and all parts will arrive the same day.
Last edited by The Mighty Bear; Mar 14 @ 10:03pm
Joker Mar 14 @ 10:18am 
kk ta
Rumpelcrutchskin Mar 14 @ 8:22pm 
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/3a2EP

This system is not meant for overclocking but you really dont need to either.
Non-K version CPU's are fine with stock cooler.
i5 is better then FX-8320.
Extra case fan is for back slot of the case.
Last edited by Rumpelcrutchskin; Mar 14 @ 8:28pm
Rumpelcrutchskin Mar 14 @ 8:25pm 
Originally posted by The Mighty Bear:
http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/39KkD

Pc partpicker won't show windows 7 so don't forget to add it in Aria pc shopping basket

in total it comes to £741 with delivery and all parts will arrive the same day.

Pointless to buy K-version CPU without Z87 motherboard.
Graphics card is weaker.
Joker Mar 14 @ 8:51pm 
once again thanks for all helpful comments i now have one sorted and will be done by next month. (ish)
Rumpelcrutchskin Mar 14 @ 9:59pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:

Pointless to buy K-version CPU without Z87 motherboard.
Graphics card is weaker.

Most likely someone changed it. I had everything set for Aria.

And your build goes way beyond £750 if you put in delivery & the motherboard is out of stock.

Partpicker converts delivery prices if there are any into final price.
He can get this motherboard from Amazon for £53.
The Mighty Bear Mar 14 @ 10:12pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:

Most likely someone changed it. I had everything set for Aria.

And your build goes way beyond £750 if you put in delivery & the motherboard is out of stock.

Partpicker converts delivery prices if there are any into final price.
He can get this motherboard from Amazon for £53.

Thats been disptached from Germany and £7.00 delivery.
Showing 1-15 of 26 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 13 @ 3:41am