Computer isnt running as fast as I thought.
Soo idk what to do. Im not very computer tech. Recently my computers been popping up that my CPU is running at 65degrees and it keeps alt tabbing me out of the game. My FPS is games are dropping and I don't know why. I used to get like 100FPS in league of legends and now I barely cap out at 60. I've seen videos of people running LoL with the same graphics card and near the same specs at 150-300FPS. So idk >_< I also keep getting random black screens for 1-2seconds then it comes back on. Plus when I tab into certain places like Google Chrome half the screen will be black and ill have to drag my mouse over it for it to appear again. Any help would be appretiated :3. I can post specs if needed.
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 33
When asking how fast (approximately) a PC should be, or if temperatures are a problem it will often help listing the parts in the PC.
Ultima modifica da TeKraken; 7 mar 2014, ore 12:43
GeForce GTX 660

AMD FX-6300

8Gigs ram I don't know what else you need but just ask and ill get it :P
A quick google says your CPU may getting on the warmer side.

http://www.buildcomputers.net/cpu-temperature.html

Not sure how accurate that is. A few other sites confirm close to those numbers.

As Uberfiend says check for dust build up etc, especially around the CPU fan/heatsink.
Ultima modifica da TeKraken; 7 mar 2014, ore 13:10
I can't enter the BIO's to turn off anything. When I press the BIOs button it either starts it up or asks if I want to enter advanced mode or safe mode or start normally.
Messaggio originale di Royal:
I can't enter the BIO's to turn off anything. When I press the BIOs button it either starts it up or asks if I want to enter advanced mode or safe mode or start normally.

You need to spam either the [DELETE] or the [F2] key as soon as the power is switched on. Sounds like you are missing it because after the next option is the bit you are seeing.
Ultima modifica da TeKraken; 8 mar 2014, ore 4:16
Alright I got it turned off. Hopefully it wont keep overheating. Idk why my FPS is so low now though.
What OS are u running?

And yes 65*C or higher is too hot for AMD CPUs, even the FX. I would invest in a better heatsink+fan. Even something cheaply priced like Hyper TX3 would make a big difference over the stock AMD HSF.
Ultima modifica da Bad 💀 Motha; 8 mar 2014, ore 7:50
Windows 7. It never used to get this hot but ever since I started playing DayZ its been going crazy with everything.
This was already mentioned (by UberFiend) but I think it's worth asking again … When's the last time you cleaned out the dust? Changed the thermal paste on your CPU?
Ultima modifica da StickyPawz; 8 mar 2014, ore 8:29
Well the computers only like 2 months old so I havent really done anything :P
Messaggio originale di Royal:
Well the computers only like 2 months old so I havent really done anything :P

OK, then … that's rules out dust accumulation … :P

Two months is almost new. Any warranty left on it? Cuz something's wrong.
Ultima modifica da StickyPawz; 8 mar 2014, ore 8:40
Is this a Pre-Build OEM system, or a Custom Build?
Its custom. And theres probably just the factory warrenty left.
Can u clarify the make, model# and revision# of the Motherboard and how old it is?

I would also run some apps like Malwarebytes Free Edition and Spybot S&D and do a full scan to check for malicious software that could be taxing the CPU and just lowering the overall system performance, etc.
Ultima modifica da Bad 💀 Motha; 8 mar 2014, ore 8:46
How do you find the #'s?
< >
Visualizzazione di 1-15 commenti su 33
Per pagina: 1530 50

Data di pubblicazione: 7 mar 2014, ore 12:41