GTX 780 Power drops help please!
Hello all, I was playing Bioshock just a few minutes ago (the very first one), when all of a sudden my screen went black and I lost signal to my monitor, I thought the game crashed but I could still hear all the sounds and what not, so I looked at EVGA precision X and noticed that my power spiked to 10% from I think 70%-80%, I didn't keep a log although I'm going to start now. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this? I've noticed it a few times playing more graphically demanding games like Battlefield 4, I never thought it could happen in Bioshock, now I'm a little bit more concerned. my power supply is an Antec True Power Classic series 750W. Thank you for the help in advance!
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-8 จาก 8 ความเห็น

โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย UberFiend:
Install CPUID Hardware Monitor & keep an eye on your max temps under heavy load.

Can use MSI Afterburner to turn up the fans.

it's not that, I use HW info and the max temp during gameplay was 56C

even during battlefield sessions my max is like 71c I've never seen it higher, plus this is an old game much less graphically demanding
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย rotNdude; 6 มี.ค. 2014 @ 7: 24am
If it's not hardware - It could be graphic drivers crashed and Windows attempted to restore it on the fly during your gaming...

Start > Run > Type 'Event Viewer' and select from the list.

Event Viewer (Local) > Custom Views > Administrative Events

Look for any error messages under here?
what are the rest of the specs?
cpu, mobo, ram?

is anythign overclocked?

it could be bad ram
try running memtest86+
http://www.memtest.org/
or if amd it could be vrms overheating
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย _I_:
what are the rest of the specs?
cpu, mobo, ram?

is anythign overclocked?

it could be bad ram
try running memtest86+
http://www.memtest.org/
or if amd it could be vrms overheating

Mobo: Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0 Cpu: AMD Fx6300 @ 4.8Ghz RAM: Crucial Ballistix Sport 8Gb(2x4Gb)
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Azza ☠:
If it's not hardware - It could be graphic drivers crashed and Windows attempted to restore it on the fly during your gaming...

Hmm, windows is telling me "Windows cannot find 'eventviewer/event/viewer.' Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again" without the slashes of course, is it like something I have to download?
แก้ไขล่าสุดโดย H O U 5 T O N x; 6 มี.ค. 2014 @ 6: 32pm
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Azza ☠:

I found I'm silly :3
โพสต์ดั้งเดิมโดย Azza ☠:

the only thing it said was "Audit Success" which kind of scares me because I just did my taxes a couple of weeks ago lol
This happened to me in bop2 just after i bought a new gpu which i thought was faulty. Fix for me was;

close steam
navigate to "steam/userdata" folder and delete everything in it.
restart steam and files would be replaced.

got the fix from steam support, apparently that forces a refresh of the game cache and it was the game cache that caused my problem.
< >
กำลังแสดง 1-8 จาก 8 ความเห็น
ต่อหน้า: 1530 50