What if I always use hibernation?
Is something wrong if I never shut down PC, but always use hibernation instead? Or is it safe?
< >
4 yorumdan 1 ile 4 arası gösteriliyor
windows 7+ is better about it, but its still good to restart occationally

some programs have memory leaks, which will slowly eat all of your ram the more they are used
(leaks are when a program is closed/exited and it does not free all of its ram, or steals ram that was allocated for other programs)
İlk olarak UberFiend tarafından gönderildi:
Some argue that powering on is the most likely time for a cpu to die, due to the initial surge, and always on is better.

This was true maybe 10-20 years ago, computer parts are not so fragile now and shutting PC off is not bad for it.
I usually shut the PC off every time when I'm away from PC more then 1 hour. Leaving it on for a day or more can usually mess with Windows and you need to restart it anyway, especially if you use lot of different programs and games.
I always switch off with a 64gb ssd it boots fast so have no need to sleep ect.
Glad to hear switching on is not that stressfull i have wondered.
I use steam origin uplay dropbox deezer spotify j river media centre 19 and itunes so i was unsure anout ram ect.
I must say that when i got my pre built rig i never got any leafets or infomation on how to manage your pc so im guessing it is one of them not a right or wrong answer.
It is a good idea to shut down now and then but not necessary everyday. I only shut down about once a month not including any reboots for updates and whatnot. The only reason I shut down is to assist in cache clearing.

On the other hand if you prefer to shut down on a regular basis the previous comments about the durability of the current technologies are true. This will not harm you components at all unless you are utilizing some off brand cheaper components. Some companies do cut corners and utilize cheap materials and these can work just fine while run continuously in a particular state but changing the state often may harm them.
< >
4 yorumdan 1 ile 4 arası gösteriliyor
Sayfa başına: 1530 50

Gönderilme Tarihi: 25 Şub 2014 @ 6:21
İleti: 4