DJT Feb 24 @ 11:39am
Are the video settings that Geforce Experience suggested for my games based on what driver I have?
Just curious to know. I have a GTX 660 TI with driver 314.22 and I'd like to turn on the Phsyx particle effects for Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag. Right now Geforce Experience suggests that I keep the Physx particle effects off but if I were to update to the latest driver, will Geforce Experience tell me differently?
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
rotNdude Feb 24 @ 12:21pm 
Just try it and find out. There is no software that will tell accurately how well a game will run.
Last edited by rotNdude; Feb 24 @ 12:22pm
Homer707070 Feb 24 @ 1:15pm 
Physx particles are VERY demanding and the only thing they affect are (as far as I can see) the volumetric clouds after you fire a gun. But thats way to much for my GTX 680 (drops down to 20fps) and I heard that even a GTX 780ti will get some noticeably frame drops. But watch out, the latest Nvidia Physx version is faulty and for example Metro LL with Physx enabled runs like ****. I would suggest the Physx version that comes with the 332.21 drivers, it used to work much better for me.
Carlsberg Feb 24 @ 5:58pm 
Originally posted by Homer707070:
Physx particles are VERY demanding and the only thing they affect are (as far as I can see) the volumetric clouds after you fire a gun. But thats way to much for my GTX 680 (drops down to 20fps) and I heard that even a GTX 780ti will get some noticeably frame drops. But watch out, the latest Nvidia Physx version is faulty and for example Metro LL with Physx enabled runs like ****. I would suggest the Physx version that comes with the 332.21 drivers, it used to work much better for me.

The 332.21 drivers are solid, (currently i am using 334.89 which is trouble free also). in case your not aware of it, next to the optimise button is a small spanner symbol, click that and you can use the slider to adjust optimised settings for either better quality or performance and see what changes are being made.
Last edited by Carlsberg; Feb 24 @ 6:00pm
DJT Feb 24 @ 9:27pm 
Originally posted by Homer707070:

Have you played AC IV Blag Flag? So I updated to driver 332.21 and experimented with these fancy settings that Nvidia advertised for the AC IV like TXAA, Physx Particles, and HBAO+. How high did set the Physx particles for AC IV? My settings are currently...

Ambient Occlusion: HBAO+ (High)
Anti-aliasing Quality: TXAA 4x
Physx Particles: Low
Shadows: Soft Shadows (High)

As I played, the framerate is not the smoothest (I'm guessing as least 40 FPS) but still plays and looks great.
Showing 1-4 of 4 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 24 @ 11:39am