Viadric Feb 19 @ 12:57pm
Computer Power Problem?
Hey guys everytime I unplug my powersupply cord and plug it back my computer won't turn back on unless I unplug all of my usb ports and plug them back in. Also it resets my overclock settings in bios settings to normal. Turning it on and off manually with the power button it is just fine. Any idea what the issue might be?
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Rumpelcrutchskin Feb 19 @ 1:14pm 
If your motherboard is 3 or more years old then most likely the CMOS battery that holds your BIOS settings when PC is not plugged into wall socket has run out. Replace the battery.
Viadric Feb 19 @ 1:17pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:
If your motherboard is 3 or more years old then most likely the CMOS battery that holds your BIOS settings when PC is not plugged into wall socket has run out. Replace the battery.

I have an Asus P8Z77 motherboard.
[☥] - CJ - Feb 19 @ 2:18pm 
Well.. could be a powersupply or wall socket problem.. or a problem with the USB ports or devices stopping it from powering up properly.

But you arent supposed to keep unplugging the power cord.

BIOS battery shouldnt be a problem as they tend to last up to 10 years or so.
Viadric Feb 19 @ 2:21pm 
Originally posted by ☥ - CJ -:
Well.. could be a powersupply or wall socket problem.. or a problem with the USB ports or devices stopping it from powering up properly.

But you arent supposed to keep unplugging the power cord.

BIOS battery shouldnt be a problem as they tend to last up to 10 years or so.

Tested with two powersupplies both in good shape and fairly new. Does the same thing. I only unplug my power plug when i'm cleaning my computer or servicing it.
UberFiend (Banned) Feb 19 @ 6:09pm 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:
most likely the CMOS battery that holds your BIOS settings when PC is not plugged into wall socket has run out. Replace the battery.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 19 @ 12:57pm