Monitor Going Black
I am having a problem when I play games where my monitor while go black. The game is still functioning and the sound is responsive, but I am forced to reconnect the monitor's cable in order for the screen to return. It happens anywhere from 5 to 30 minutes of playing games and I've encountered it in games like Final Fantasy 14 and Splinter Cell. The only reason I'm skeptical about it being a bad cable is that it happens regardless of the cable being moved at all.

Some help would be well recieved, since this is hampering my ability to play games :(
Laatst bewerkt door Sketch; 10 feb 2014 om 12:11
< >
1-8 van 8 reacties weergegeven
The backlight on the monitor may be going bad. Try a different monitor.
which monitor and what cable are you using?
@rotNdude I just want to make sure it's the monitor before I need to replace it. Is there anyway this could be related to fan speeds? I recently ordered a new fan for my machine since the old one was going. I'm only asking because the screen only goes black during gaming rather than whenever it feels like it.

@time goblin I'm using a Pavilion 23xi and I've had it for about a year.
You have several choices. Figure out if it's the monitor by trying it on a different computer, try a different video card, or figure out if it's due to temperatures that may be corrected because your CPU or GPU is overheating. Monitor your temperatures with your choice of many.

https://www.google.com/search?num=100&newwindow=1&site=&source=hp&q=computer+temperature+monitors&oq=computer+temperature+monitors&gs_l=hp.3..0j0i22i30j0i22i10i30j0i22i30l7.1064.12717.0.13062.50.28.8.14.14.0.162.2445.21j7.28.0....0...1c.1.35.hp..2.48.2520.FNDvaxkB1AY
rotNdude has the right idea, try your monitor on a friends computer and if possible try their monitor on your pc. process of elimination.
I will begin the process of elimination and hopefully find the culprit, thanks for the advice, I'll try to come back with results
if it is the monitor, take it to a firend that knows how to replace bad caps
itll be under $20 worth of parts to fix it
I'd try to clean it
Sometimes the simplest things can do wonders......

It can be as simple as removing dust (you can use compressed air, i personally dont give a ♥♥♥♥ and use a vacuum cleaner)
< >
1-8 van 8 reacties weergegeven
Per pagina: 1530 50

Geplaatst op: 10 feb 2014 om 12:11
Aantal berichten: 8