Myst _Winter Feb 8 @ 8:29am
Console Gamer switching to PC
Ok , so I'm a console gamer. I found this dusty PC in a closet somewhere and I've been using it for quite a while now. I can only play old games on this like Battlefield 1942 and Call of Duty 1. After using it for a year now, I have decided that I want to switch to the ultimate PC Gaming Master race. Can you please suggest some good factory-built PCs. (Don't say "build your own" I know its easy, but trust me, knowing myself I know Im going to mess something up)
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
< >
Jesse9766 (Banned) Feb 8 @ 8:40am 
Since you don't want to build your own...
http://www.originpc.com/gaming/desktops/genesis/
May be a bit expensive (2k), but if you build it yourself it is much cheaper.
TeKraken Feb 8 @ 8:49am 
That PC is one of the more expensive ones. I think Jesse posted it to scare you.
Myst _Winter Feb 8 @ 8:52am 
Originally posted by TeKraken:
That PC is one of the more expensive ones. I think Jesse posted it to scare you.
I already have the money saved up. Its the specs that scare me. What if it becomes self aware?

Kablam0 Feb 8 @ 8:55am 
Originally posted by Jesse9766:
Since you don't want to build your own...
http://www.originpc.com/gaming/desktops/genesis/
May be a bit expensive (2k), but if you build it yourself it is much cheaper.

If you've got money to burn and no time to learn (I made a ryme!), then why not. :)
Last edited by Kablam0; Feb 8 @ 8:58am
TeKraken Feb 8 @ 8:59am 
Originally posted by Nuclear Winter:
I already have the money saved up. Its the specs that scare me. What if it becomes self aware?

Then keep lots of water handy. Unless it becomes water proof and sentient. In which case dont buy one with wheels.
Last edited by TeKraken; Feb 8 @ 8:59am
Myst _Winter Feb 9 @ 9:40am 
Originally posted by Nuclear Winter:

Then keep lots of water handy. Unless it becomes water proof and sentient. In which case dont buy one with wheels.
Good idea. Thanks
Skyline-R34 Feb 9 @ 10:36am 
Suggestion: Buy from somewhere that offers some form of support, especially in the case that you are not familiar with all the "goings on" that happen with a PC. Alot of the parts are fragile, and it is pretty easy to click the wrong place and have a "melt down".
The Ultimate Infidel! Feb 9 @ 10:42am 
Ideally, you want to build your own because in my opinion, that delivers the best performance and overall functionality because it is your build and you know what's in it because you put it together yourself. And also, with whatever money you spend on a prebuilt rig with a mid range GPU, you could build something with a nice, high-end GPU and still have money for games.

Plus, it's easier to troubleshoot a custom PC by far. It really isn't that hard either; if you can build Lego, you can build a PC

i5 3570k
16GB Corsair Vengeance Dominator
GTX 770 4GB
Asus Z77 motherboard
700 Watt PSU
Any case you want
Corsair h105
250GB Samsung EVO
1TB HDD

That build up there will do you good for the next few years or so.
Last edited by The Ultimate Infidel!; Feb 9 @ 10:42am
Skyline-R34 Feb 9 @ 10:45am 
Note: If you build it yourself, there are certainly a lot of limitations to the level of support offered.
Especially in the OS catagory.
The Ultimate Infidel! Feb 9 @ 11:16am 
Originally posted by Skyline-R34:
Note: If you build it yourself, there are certainly a lot of limitations to the level of support offered.

False. If you can find the time to look online to personally troubleshoot things yourself instead of sending it in; a custom PC would be more supportable.
Skyline-R34 Feb 9 @ 11:17am 
Originally posted by Chef Excellence:

False. If you can find the time to look online to personally troubleshoot things yourself instead of sending it in; a custom PC would be more supportable.

Support =/= doing it yourself.
The Ultimate Infidel! Feb 9 @ 11:19am 
Originally posted by Chef Excellence:

Support =/= doing it yourself.

True. But you can look online at forums like linustechtips or tomshardware and then diagnose the problem yourself.
theaddiction2 Feb 9 @ 3:49pm 
This one is pretty cheap and from a reputable manufacture:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_3000
The Ultimate Infidel! Feb 10 @ 4:39am 
Originally posted by theaddiction2:
This one is pretty cheap and from a reputable manufacture:
http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/system/Gamer_Xtreme_3000

ADATA RAM? A 4770k? A 2GB video card? No SSD? 3D capable gear, yet, no 3D monitor?

The manufacturer may be reputable, but Haswell is one to stay away from because it doesn't really improve on much from it's last iteration. In fact, Ivy Bridge even cools more efficiently and takes up much less power as well as being less crap at overclocking.

Furthermore, this guy is a console convert, he has no use for hyperthreading or the i7 as a whole seeing as it is mostly for editing and rendering. He is much better off with a 3570k at the moment because it is still the best value gaming CPU on the market.

Plus, if we were talking on spilling silly amounts on CPUs then I would go for a Xeon because overkill is underrated.
_I_ Feb 10 @ 5:08am 
adata ram is fine, so is a 2g gpu

he can drop to a cheaper case, 212evo, i5 4670k, 8g 1600 cl9 ram, cx600
and the price goes down to $1142
Showing 1-15 of 49 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Feb 8 @ 8:29am