Alienware x51
Everyones opinion on it? Im getting one in about two weeks and was wondering how people feel about it.
The specs on the one getting are:
4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4790 Processor
Windows® 8.1, 64Bit
NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5
8GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1600Mhz
1TB SATA 6Gb/s (7,200RPM) 64MB Cache

Let me know how you guys feel about it
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
The Rock God Jul 27, 2015 @ 5:17pm 
Not bad for a low-mid range gaming PC in the $900 range.
SundownKid Jul 27, 2015 @ 5:40pm 
It's a total joke compared to if you built one yourself. For $950 you can easily make a PC that has a several times stronger graphics card (GTX 970). Even if you can pay a shop to build one for you it's still better value.
II_SmokeWhiskey Jul 27, 2015 @ 5:48pm 
Originally posted by SundownKid:
It's a total joke compared to if you built one yourself. For $950 you can easily make a PC that has a several times stronger graphics card (GTX 970). Even if you can pay a shop to build one for you it's still better value.
i hear that, and the exact opposite pretty much all the time. it just depends on your own opinion and skill. i dont know much about computers, therefor i probably wont be building myself a pc. But i do believe building one for your own gaming needs would work well, but i also dont mind playing games on lower settings
SundownKid Jul 27, 2015 @ 6:02pm 
Well there are places that can build one for you like Micro Center or possibly your local PC repair shop. Even if they charged you $100 to build it, making your budget $850, you could still make a superior PC in terms of power. Since the GPU is what mainly matters for gaming and not the CPU.

If you are still dead set on buying a prebuilt I can't stop you. But definitely try to see if there is any place in the area that can build one.
II_SmokeWhiskey Jul 27, 2015 @ 7:04pm 
Well there are places that can build one for you like Micro Center or possibly your local PC repair shop. Even if they charged you $100 to build it, making your budget $850, you could still make a superior PC in terms of power. Since the GPU is what mainly matters for gaming and not the CPU.

If you are still dead set on buying a prebuilt I can't stop you. But definitely try to see if there is any place in the area that can build one.
well thanks for the advice, ive been looking for while trying to decide what to go with and this is just the easiest optio ive come across and i have a friend that has the same build im buying and it runs great for every game that im trying to run
II_SmokeWhiskey Jul 27, 2015 @ 7:19pm 

one question though, would upgrading to the 960 nvidia card help out?
OLDMAN🎅 Jul 27, 2015 @ 7:40pm 
the graphic card is low in , and I Would not buy a new PC now with windows 8.1

NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 750Ti 2GB GDDR5
☃ Chrysler ☃ Jul 27, 2015 @ 8:43pm 
i dont know why people hate on windows 8 so much.
As long as you are happy there is no reason for change.
II_SmokeWhiskey Jul 27, 2015 @ 8:50pm 
Originally posted by Wrektar:
i dont know why people hate on windows 8 so much.
As long as you are happy there is no reason for change.
agreed
Sleazy Martinez Jul 27, 2015 @ 8:52pm 
8.1 is just fine. usually preferred.
Bad 💀 Motha Jul 27, 2015 @ 9:27pm 
Why do people care so much about the OS now? 7 SP1 or 8.1; doesn't matter, u get Win10 for free anyways.

As for the X51, please do yourself a favor and skip it. The lower priced one come with a lower PowerSupply. Which will limit further GPU upgrades, and to buy a better X51 PSU is not cheap at all.

For the price of an X51 you could build your own and get:
i5 4690K; GTX 970; 16GB RAM; SSD and HDD
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Jul 27, 2015 @ 9:29pm
< >
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 27, 2015 @ 5:02pm