Evan Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:51am
good gaming computer?
i need a good gaming computer i would like a laptop but if i have to ill take a desktop
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
o.HN Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:48am 
Im not big on computers but ill say Cyberpower.
MCdisco67 Apr 4, 2014 @ 6:53am 
Desktops are much more powerful, but if want a laptop regardless of price it has to be (OBVIOUSLY) alienware
Evan Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:58pm 
would it be better to build my own?
Uptagon Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:03pm 
Get an Aorus Laptop, the one with dual graphics cards, while being thin and not having a CD drive. Its faster than an Alienware.

don't get a laptop.
Shasow Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:06pm 
I use this laptop: http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Series-GT70-2OC-408US-17-3-Inch/dp/B00EAS0U76

It's pretty good and not too expensive. I can run most modern games on high/max. I even spilled water all over the keyboard and it still functions perfectly.
Last edited by Shasow; Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:06pm
averyvh Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:34pm 
i think lenovo laptops have been on sale. i got one recently cause it was pretty cheap for the specs (compared to alienware, cyberpower, msi, etc). but if you're willing to take a desktop, then that is by far the best.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/en/laptops/ideapad/y-series/
Evan Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:40pm 
so is the leveno hard drive a hybrid? it says 1T hdd + 24gb ssd Edit: ssd sdd doesnt exist
Last edited by Evan; Apr 4, 2014 @ 10:19pm
averyvh Apr 4, 2014 @ 4:41pm 
Originally posted by evan:
so is the leveno hard drive a hybrid? it says 1T hdd + 24gb sdd
not sure. i was too cheap to get the sdd
ketsuban Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:31pm 
would it be better to build my own?

If you know how, then yes. If you don't then learning would be a good idea too.

PS: Alienware is terrible. Avoid it!
Evan Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:36pm 
whats wong with alienware?
Kowai Apr 4, 2014 @ 5:56pm 

Nothing is really wrong with alienware. It's just that the company charge a hellof a price for something you can get for half of the price. But you get good warranty, so if you have money and no time or skill to build your own pc i don't see why not.

To OP:

Laptops: Much less peformance per dollar. So if you want a gaming system then you gotta have a big pocket. Aswell as heat issues you need a cooling platform to not overheat it. Very hard to upgrade for a normal user. Can bring it with you to friends etc easily. Keyboard and screen isnt a must to buy. Mouse is recommended though. Touchpad isnt nice to play games on ey?

Desktop: Can't bring it with you. Specially fulltower desktops. But less heat, more peformance per dollar and it gives good room for replacing and getting new parts so you can easily upgrade your system. You gotta buy keyboard, screen, mouse to have a functional desktop. Can be some additional expenses.

The choice is yours. Depending on what you need.
averyvh Apr 4, 2014 @ 7:21pm 
Originally posted by Artificial Proxy:

Nothing is really wrong with alienware. It's just that the company charge a hellof a price for something you can get for half of the price.

sounds like Apple...
Evan Apr 4, 2014 @ 9:01pm 
thanks ill be looking into these keep em coming
< >
Showing 1-15 of 51 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Apr 4, 2014 @ 3:51am