SmokeyDan Aug 30, 2015 @ 9:04am
Need some help with computer issue
Hi,
So I just upgraded both my memory and graphics card and now when I shut down my computer and then start it up I have to turn it off and start it up again for it to load up, I have a switch at the back of my computer to turn the power on and off from coming in to my computer and a power on button which when held down will turn the computer off. below are the specs of my computer as they are now and if you know how this issue can be sorted please leave a comment below, I do know some things about computers as have built them in the past but not sure why this is happening.

Memory: HyperX FURY Series 16GB (2x 8GB) DDR3 1866MHz CL10 DIMM Memory Module Kit - White
Graphics Card: MSI Nvidia Gtx 960 Gaming 2 GB PCI-E Graphics Card
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A78L-M LX
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
_I_ Aug 30, 2015 @ 9:23am 
post a cpuz validation link
http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html
cpuz -> validate button -> submit button
it will open a browser, copy the url (address) and paste it here

and what power supply? (brand/model)

that may be the sign of failing vrms on the board
thats a very weak board for any compatable cpu and a very poor chipset for fx
SmokeyDan Aug 30, 2015 @ 9:46am 
Here is the link: http://valid.x86.fr/7eth3h
_I_ Aug 30, 2015 @ 12:40pm 
no overclock, thats good

what power supply? (brand/model)

try updating bios and chipset drivers
https://www.asus.com/us/Motherboards/M5A78LM_LX/HelpDesk_Download/
rotNdude Aug 30, 2015 @ 1:39pm 
I would try to do a BIOS reset.
SmokeyDan Aug 30, 2015 @ 4:29pm 
the BIOS files are .ROM and am not sure what to do with them, as could not work out the EZ Flash. As for a BIOS reset I have just done that and even with the latest chip set installed it still will not restart and has to be loaded up and the powered down to then be loaded up again.
Last edited by SmokeyDan; Aug 30, 2015 @ 4:34pm
deltaagent26 Aug 30, 2015 @ 5:23pm 
go to the asus website. there are two utilites that can be downloaded, they help rename bios flashback files so you can use a thumb drive to do it.

it would seem that your new bios update is corrupt, try going back to one that was stable for you, and redownload the new one to see if that was the issue.

I currently have the Asus M5a99fx pro v2.0. and had to update to bios 2501 from 1903.
when you have several updates to your bios available, you have to make sure to install all of them, and in order. I also have GTX960 4GB (but 2 of them in SLI).

Check to make sure that your ram and video card are seated correctly and firmly.

if only using two ram sticks, make sure the modules are in the blue slots. (usually slot 0 and 2) also make sure that the ram you installed is supported by your mobo and cpu. (ie, dual or quad channel( for mobo), and xmp or not (for cpu).

Last edited by deltaagent26; Aug 30, 2015 @ 5:30pm
SmokeyDan Aug 31, 2015 @ 4:09am 
eveything I have tried from what you have all posted here has made it not work and had to start it up a few times to get the computer on or was not able to do due not sure. So as things are working some what I shall leave it for now and just buy a new mother board to replace the one I have.
I should have also said that I have been upgrading a gaming computer that I bought online and had already upgraded the graphics card once ( the one installed now is the second one) and all these issues started after I added new memory and graphics card (second one).
_I_ Aug 31, 2015 @ 4:12am 
bios is a rom file
copy it to a usb stick, boot to bios
go to the update bios page and select the usb stick and update
SmokeyDan Aug 31, 2015 @ 7:04am 
tried to do the flas drive way but was not able, but was able to find them on my computer with a little luck and all is working fine again now.
THANKS TO ALL WHO POSTED COMMENTS :o)
< >
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Aug 30, 2015 @ 9:04am