lumark Nov 30, 2015 @ 5:09pm
Xbox One Controller wireless reciver...help!!
Guys...I bought the microsoft wireless reciver for the xbox one controller on PC.
Everything works fine, the only issue that I have is that I have to phisically disconnect and reconnect the reciver in order to recognize and sync my controller everytime that I turn on or reboot my PC...It's really annoying!!
...is it for the OS or my dongle is broken?any advice?
Uh, i almost forgot, I'm using windows 10!
Last edited by lumark; Nov 30, 2015 @ 5:10pm
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Bad 💀 Motha Nov 30, 2015 @ 10:34pm 
Well I would hope Win10, it is required atm for XboxOne Wireless Adapter to work.
Go to Device Manager and you should see two devices for this; one for the Controller and one for the Receiver. Do this while the Controller is power on and connected.

Then manually remove the devices, first the Controller then the Receiver .
When also asked to "Uninstall software associated with this device" tick this box too.

Then reboot the system. Once you reach the Desktop click Start Menu > Settings > Updates > Check for Updates.

DO NOT leave both 360 and ONE wireless adapters plugged in at same time (if u have both)

If the receiver continues to do this, try another USB port.

Also once it is reinstalled, go to the Device Manager and click on Properties for the Receiver and set Power Management to "Allow to wake"
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Nov 30, 2015 @ 10:47pm
lumark Dec 1, 2015 @ 1:06am 
Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
Well I would hope Win10, it is required atm for XboxOne Wireless Adapter to work.
Go to Device Manager and you should see two devices for this; one for the Controller and one for the Receiver. Do this while the Controller is power on and connected.

Then manually remove the devices, first the Controller then the Receiver .
When also asked to "Uninstall software associated with this device" tick this box too.

Then reboot the system. Once you reach the Desktop click Start Menu > Settings > Updates > Check for Updates.

DO NOT leave both 360 and ONE wireless adapters plugged in at same time (if u have both)

If the receiver continues to do this, try another USB port.

Also once it is reinstalled, go to the Device Manager and click on Properties for the Receiver and set Power Management to "Allow to wake"

Thanks for answering me.
I did what you told me and yes, it has worked for cuople restart/rebooting then...same thing that before, I have to phisically disconnect and reconnect the dongle in order to make it work.
...it could be my psu??
it looks to me to be related to power or sofware/driver problem, I don't think it's the dongle itself...I don't know...any advice?
Bad 💀 Motha Dec 1, 2015 @ 9:18pm 
Microsoft says it is the Wake Option for this Device being off that can do this.
This can be changed for the XboxOne Wireless Receiver in the device properties > power management from Device Manager

Here's their suggestions and where I got the info from:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Dec 1, 2015 @ 9:18pm
lumark Dec 2, 2015 @ 5:36am 
Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
Microsoft says it is the Wake Option for this Device being off that can do this.
This can be changed for the XboxOne Wireless Receiver in the device properties > power management from Device Manager

Here's their suggestions and where I got the info from:

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-on-windows/accessories/connect-xbox-one-controller-to-pc

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/update-controller-for-stereo-headset-adapter

http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wireless-controller-disconnects

Yeah, I've read thoose links few days ago...unfortunately, the wake option was already ON, I've even tried to put that setting on OFF but...nothing, same thing!!
I m really starting to think that is my PSU's fault or some USB settings into my BIOS...I don't know...
lumark Dec 22, 2015 @ 12:30pm 
Good news guys!!...I finally solved my issue with my wifi reciver!!
For some reason, my Windows 10 was stucked at version 10.0.10224 and Windows Update didn't work properly just giving me only the updates for Windows Defender.
Once I found out that, I forced Windows to update to his last version(10.0.10586) via Microsoft Media Creation tool and magically everything started to work properly!!...NIIIIICE :)
Bad 💀 Motha Dec 23, 2015 @ 1:14am 
Yea Win10 was basically broken until latest 1511 (10586)
leppard Oct 9, 2016 @ 9:00am 
Hi im having exact same problem and as far as i know i have latest windows version, anyone know a fix?
lumark Oct 9, 2016 @ 4:17pm 
Originally posted by leppard:
Hi im having exact same problem and as far as i know i have latest windows version, anyone know a fix?

hello there,

try this:

disable win10 fast boot(VERY IMPORTANT), remove the driver device and then reboot the OS.
Once it s done rebooting the system, check if the driver is installed again and, if not do it manually just unplugging and reconnecting the reciver again.
Now start to use the controller and check if that annoing issue is gone(...shutdown or reboot the OS few times...)
That has worked for me so far...lemme know if it does for you too, i m curios.

ciao ;)
Bad 💀 Motha Oct 10, 2016 @ 7:10am 
I've covered this many times; install the Controller via USB cable first before attempting to install or use the Microsoft Wireless Adapter.
leppard Oct 12, 2016 @ 7:10am 
Hi thanks for your replies , It seams like the adapter only likes usb 2 and not 3 on my computer , after changing to that it's worked fine so far.
Hi. I just started using the xboxone controller on a new build and started experiencing the same problem. On my other build it is working flawlessly, so it's definitely a software issue. I went into device manager > network adapters > xbox wireless adapter > power management and unticked the "allow computer to turn ff this device to save power" box. This rectified the issue. I can confirm that the adapter seems to prefer usb 2.0 over 3.0.
Just In case this is of any use out there.
AZ_Morenci_Dave Feb 6, 2017 @ 4:40pm 
Originally posted by nicola_il_distruggitore:
Hi. I just started using the xboxone controller on a new build and started experiencing the same problem. On my other build it is working flawlessly, so it's definitely a software issue. I went into device manager > network adapters > xbox wireless adapter > power management and unticked the "allow computer to turn ff this device to save power" box. This rectified the issue. I can confirm that the adapter seems to prefer usb 2.0 over 3.0.
Just In case this is of any use out there.

Thank you! This worked for me as well, in case anyone else has the same issue. I'm using a USB 3 port without issue.
Reptle Aug 5, 2017 @ 7:26pm 
I'm not sure if you managed to find a solution, but I found one to my problem. It did the same thing. I can use my remote fine, but if I let it disconnect (timeout), I won't be able to reconnect.

My solution was to close down Steam. Then I could reconnect the remote to the adapter and reopen steam.

Not sure if that'll help anyone, but posting it in case.

Good luck
< >
Showing 1-13 of 13 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Nov 30, 2015 @ 5:09pm