Yuno Gasai [Psycopath] Jul 27 @ 11:47am
should i get this new laptop (link below)
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Powl Jul 27 @ 12:30pm 
Nope to Alienware. Bulky design, overpriced and often mediocre quality.
Bad-Motha Jul 27 @ 12:32pm 
Originally posted by Powl:

Have u ever used one in the last year or two?
Powl Jul 27 @ 12:37pm 
Originally posted by Bad-Motha:
Originally posted by Powl:

Have u ever used one in the last year or two?
I havent owned one, but several people in my university course use them. Oh wait no this weekend I also saw one at a local store. Well alright, the quality of that was alright, but it was still too bulky and overpriced.

However I gotta admit the laptops are better than the desktops.
rotNdude Jul 27 @ 12:58pm 
I would look through some laptops here before buying that.

http://www.xoticpc.com/alienware-14-p-6537.html?wconfigure=yes

What is your budget and what do you have now?
Yuno Gasai [Psycopath] Jul 27 @ 1:25pm 
i got an acer aspire 2009. 4Gb memory intel pentium P6100 and a 500GB harddrive. i just want an alien ware because i think its very good for what i do..all i do is game on this one
Powl Jul 27 @ 1:27pm 
Originally posted by The Entire United States:
i got an acer aspire 2009. 4Gb memory intel pentium P6100 and a 500GB harddrive. i just want an alien ware because i think its very good for what i do..all i do is game on this one
Still might wanna look at the 14" Sager/Clevo models that have a 750M (or better even an 850M or better) or greater, also e.g. the Gigabyte P34G (v2), and I'm not sure if MSI/ASUS currently have 14" gaming models.

At least if you want to actually make use of the main advantage of laptops, mobility, then getting a bulky heavy design like the Alienware 14 might not be what you want. Most other 14" models with similar and sometimes better specs are slimmer and lighter.
Last edited by Powl; Jul 27 @ 1:28pm
Yuno Gasai [Psycopath] Jul 27 @ 1:28pm 
i also want the one i linked because it has windows 7 i DO NOT want windows 8 its too..Confuseing to me..
Powl Jul 27 @ 1:31pm 
Originally posted by The Entire United States:
i also want the one i linked because it has windows 7 i DO NOT want windows 8 its too..Confuseing to me..
why is it confusing? You can use something like ClassicShell or Start8 to make it look exactly like Win 7 with its classic start menu. Everything apart from the start menu is the same in Win 8 as in Win 7. Or rather, an improved revision of it. Things like resource management and recovery have been improved over Win 7. If you rule out laptops over a start menu that you can change via a small tool, then you'd be missing out on most good alternatives.
Yuno Gasai [Psycopath] Jul 27 @ 1:32pm 
i know its just im so used to windows 7 i dont want to change :P
Bad-Motha Jul 27 @ 1:56pm 
Most laptops that allow Customization on a website checkout allow u to pick Win7 OS
Try SAGER, they are very good.
Showing 1-10 of 10 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Jul 27 @ 11:47am