JIHAKUZ May 1, 2016 @ 7:57am
Mouse not always registering click.
A problem that I have recently started to have is that some, if not all, of my games won't register my button presses. For example is CS:GO if I wanted to press 'Accept' I would either have to click multiple times or hold the click down for a long time. However I just got Cities Skyline and it has got a lot worse as the game won't register any of my button presses. I have tried multiple mouses with the same result. What I find most strange is that my mouse works fine outside of game.Also I have tried to change which button is my primary button and that still does not work. Has anyone ever had this problem and does anyone know how to fix it.

Thanks
Tom
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
LouieH May 1, 2016 @ 9:26am 
Have you tried other usb ports, there is a slight chance you pulled it and broke somthing
had that prob yrs ago at work with my logitech anywhere, was broken :)
look for a new one.
Long Ago [Linux] May 1, 2016 @ 10:03am 
It could be just that the contacts are corroded or the switch needs to be cleaned. I started having trouble with the M1 button on my wireless mouse. I found a video that showed how to take it apart and clean or replace the switch.

In my case I got some contact cleaner from Radio Shack, sprayed the switch with contact cleaner after opening up the mouse, worked the switch, wicked out the cleaner and let it dry. The reassembled mouse works fine, but I retired it to laptop duty because it eats batteries when gaming [have to swap out (2) AA rechargeable when they go down], but it works on any surface (Logitech Anywhere MX).

Now I have a different wireless mouse for gaming with rechargeable li-ion battery that is supposed to last a month on a charge. Maybe not for gaming, but if it does go down I just need to plug in a microUSB cable instead of swapping batteries. It is Logitech MX Master which seems to work pretty well. It just has an invisible button under your thumb that does Ctrl+Alt+Tab to switch windows which was a bit awkward when accidentally hit during a game. So I reconfigured my system (Linux) to use Ctrl+Alt+Home to switch windows instead, deactivating that invisible mouse button.
_I_ May 1, 2016 @ 11:47am 
never plug a mouse into a hub, always directly into a usb port or with an extension cable
Last edited by _I_; May 1, 2016 @ 11:57am
JIHAKUZ May 1, 2016 @ 11:57am 
All the things that you guys have said I have tried :/. But thanks for the feedback anyway! Really appricate it, :steamhappy:
Bad 💀 Motha May 2, 2016 @ 8:55pm 
Just try or get another mouse.

Are you slightly moving the mouse perhaps when trying to click those various menus in-game?

Some games really dislike when u do that, and thus might not properly register the click if u do.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 1, 2016 @ 7:57am