Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:23am
PC not detecting R9 270X
Hi,
I have a problem with a used card i bought recently.

Basically i plugged it in correctly, i powered it up with a 6 pin adapter but the pc doesnt even detect it. in device manager the graphic card isnt showed but just the onboard one. the fans run correctly and leds works too, but i cant udnerstand why it cant find it... im becoming crazy D:
Help pls!
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Fluffy Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:41am 
its possible it isnt working but 1. is it installed correctly? (seated firmly in pci-e slot)
2. ive never seen r9 270x without 2x6pin do you have both connected?
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:55am 
yes it has 2x6 pin, but i just connected one cause in the box there was just one cable. But its that necessary until my pc just detect the graphic card?
Seven7 Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:00am 
amd chips eat power like behemoth...
model PSU? max power on +12? common max power on start?
Last edited by Seven7; Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:02am
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:07am 
ATX CSL400-12-PFC
MAX 400W 18A at +12

I know its not enough, but its the power the problem of my pc not even detecting the card?
CrazyDave Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:12am 
Have you checked the bios to make sure it is being recognized there?
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:14am 
Yes, i checked and it already was "PCI/PCI-E" as main. but no the bios doesnt say if the graphic card is recognized or not unforunately :/

if i plug the hdmi at television to test if it does smthg, it says "no signal"
Rumpelcrutchskin Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:20am 
R9 270X needs minimum 500W PSU that provides at least 24A on 12V+ rails. Yours is 400W with only 18A. If you want to run this card you need to swap out the power supply and it needs to have two 6-pin connectors connected.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817438014

And stop trying to make this card work on your rubbish PSU before it blows up in your face.
Seven7 Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:20am 
re-marked noname 350W PSU and angry monster from AMD - bad company...
try disconnect all HDD, DVD if present, coolers except on CPU if video still not started - buy normal PSU
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:25am 
I know power is not enough, but my question was why my pc doesnt detect it. Card needs more power till it can be recognized by pc?
Rumpelcrutchskin Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:29am 
Originally posted by ☆ ๖ۣۜSαℓνy ☆:
I know power is not enough, but my question was why my pc doesnt detect it. Card needs more power till it can be recognized by pc?

How can PC detect it when it doesnt even get enough power to work, not to mention dont have one 6-pin connected at all, it's basicly dead card.
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:31am 
Originally posted by Rumpelcrutchskin:

How can PC detect it when it doesnt even get enough power to work, not to mention dont have one 6-pin connected at all, it's basicly dead card.

Okay, got it! Thanks!
So i will look for an economic power supply enough for running this card at least...
I have to search for smthg particular? It has to have 2x6 pin connectors?
Rumpelcrutchskin Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:34am 
550-600W with two 6+2 pin PCI-E connectors will do.
EVGA, Seasonic, XFX, be Quiet, Superflower, at least bronze certified.
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:44am 

Key! Thx! I guess i have to wait to play the witcher 3 yet :(
Rumpelcrutchskin Jul 28, 2016 @ 5:53am 

Would have needed to swap out the PSU anyway if you wanted to run anything gaming worthy.
Your current PSU could not even run low power consumption card like GTX 750 Ti because even that takes more amps then your PSU provides.
You seem to have quite rubbish quality PSU because 18A means it can manage to produce only 216W of power, not 400W as it boasts. Common problem with cheap generic PSUs.
Salvy Jul 28, 2016 @ 6:05am 

Would have needed to swap out the PSU anyway if you wanted to run anything gaming worthy.
Your current PSU could not even run low power consumption card like GTX 750 Ti because even that takes more amps then your PSU provides.
You seem to have quite rubbish quality PSU because 18A means it can manage to produce only 216W of power, not 400W as it boasts. Common problem with cheap generic PSUs.

Yeh unfortunately I started building this pc by a poor prebuilding, so i had this PSU since then :(
and with low budget its hard finding a good PSU tho
< >
Showing 1-15 of 27 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 28, 2016 @ 4:23am