Arya Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:09pm
10XX GPU pricing: how long should I wait?
For my new build, I'd really like to fit a GTX1080 or even a Ti should they be launched. The only problem is, at the moment a 1080 would actually cost me more than a new Titan X. At the moment, a mainline GTX1080 cost about $1300 AUD. That's a -lot- of money, infact you could build a very solid gaming PC for that. Surely that's not a final price - so what kind of price can I eventually expect, and how long should I wait before I jump?

< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Chompman Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:53pm 
The problem is you live in a area where the prices on these cards are much more expensive then normal and because of your taxes and import fee's it will be like that for awhile as in the states it's down to the msrp of about $600.

Don't expect it to get to that kind of prie for a very long time because of where you live and it would probably be better to wait until the rx 480 gets released as the price of $200-$250 depending on the version you get would be better as it looks to be in the mid to high $400 range for you and it looks to be a great card.

Otherwise right now unless you are willing to wait a month or two to see what else is released you are stuck with that or the 1070 - 1080 for the new gen cards.

Your last option is if you can get the past gen cards those might be your best bet as some are still great cards and will work great for a few years easy.
Last edited by Chompman; Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:54pm
Arya Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:58pm 
Alright, thanks a lot.

Australian taxes strike again. Still - could be worse.
Warcell Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:58pm 
A last gen 980ti should give similar results to the new 1070. So if you can snatch up a 980ti on discount (thanks to the dropping prices from the release of the 10XX cards) then you should be able to see performance that will not disappoint for a budget friendly price!
Arya Jun 25, 2016 @ 11:04pm 
Originally posted by Warcell:
A last gen 980ti should give similar results to the new 1070. So if you can snatch up a 980ti on discount (thanks to the dropping prices from the release of the 10XX cards) then you should be able to see performance that will not disappoint for a budget friendly price!

Good tip. They're around $800 AUD at the moment, which is actually pretty good. Given the power, and the fact a GPU is always the most expensive part down under.
Until August they should have more stock.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 25, 2016 @ 10:09pm