Joo'hiki 2014년 7월 31일 오후 2시 28분
soda broke my Gpu?
i spilled some soda on my computer accidentally, everything was fine 'till now. I upgraded my windows from windows 7 32 bit to 64 bit, after that i installed some games like dead island and csgo, the problem is though, im having some fps drops now, i have to set everytime i play csgo my fps to 80, and i cant run dead island at all without fps drops, now i checked what it looked like with video, and when the fps drop strikes, the video in my other screen comes really blurry and pixelated (?). i smelled what my GPU smells like and what i can tell, it smells like it has been burn. I have cleaned all the dust, Took off my CPU and placed some thermal paste, and placed it back, didn't work. All i can think now is its the GPU's fault. Oh and my GPU usually runs at 100 celsius, but i heard it's very normal to my GPU.

Specs: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 860 @ 2.80GHz
8.00 GB RAM
GeForce GTX 480 GPU
Operating system; Windows 7 ultimate 64bit
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. version 0806 (should i update) Date 03/25/2010
There should be all, i hope you guys can help me out!
< >
13개 댓글 중 1-13개 표시
_I_ 2014년 7월 31일 오후 2시 40분 
remove the gpu and clean it
make sure the fan spins freely

its an older build, should probably clean the rest of the heatsinks and make sure all the case fans are working
Joo'hiki 2014년 7월 31일 오후 3시 31분 
i have cleaned my gpu already, there's only 1 fan case that is pretty dusty (?), but its in front of the computer so it shouldnt really affect right?
_I_님이 먼저 게시:
remove the gpu and clean it
make sure the fan spins freely

its an older build, should probably clean the rest of the heatsinks and make sure all the case fans are working
Joo'hiki 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 7월 31일 오후 3시 32분
Nalydyenlo 2014년 7월 31일 오후 3시 57분 
100 degrees C is too hot for any GPU to be running at - and a fire hazard!
If the soda didn't fry it straight away and the PC was booting up OK, I'd say you've gotten away with it! It just sounds like it's overheating to me. Make sure the fan(s) are spinning OK on the card. I'm an AMD card user but I'm sure there's some Nvidia control panel or something you can monitor/control the fan speed with.
Nalydyenlo 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 7월 31일 오후 4시 16분
ACJCLIGHTNING 2014년 7월 31일 오후 5시 57분 
CemeGGi님이 먼저 게시:
Oh and my GPU usually runs at 100 celsius, but i heard it's very normal to my GPU.
NOOOOOooooooooo....... That is way too hot for continuous use. Usually its around there that the computer will auto-shutdown to avoid damage.

Clean out the PC of dust and stuff, maybe add more fans or something, but if the GPU already smells burnt it may be too late.

Nalydyenlo 2014년 7월 31일 오후 6시 04분 
If it's getting that hot, pouring soda on it could only have done it good, LOL!
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ 2014년 7월 31일 오후 6시 11분 
How did soda actually get into the case D:

isopropyl alchy bath time for your parts...but honestly anything that shorted out or whatever wouldn't affect your temps like that, either the heatsinks on wrong, fans not running or the themal paste needs replacing...you play around and figure it out:P liquid and electronics can create gremlins...so who knows. but your temps can be fixed.
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™ 님이 마지막으로 수정; 2014년 7월 31일 오후 6시 12분
Stymie 2014년 7월 31일 오후 8시 45분 
CemeGGi님이 먼저 게시:
Oh and my GPU usually runs at 100 celsius, but i heard it's very normal to my GPU.
The GPU shouldn't be that hot. I'd suggest doing some cleaning on that GPU. GTX 480 is known to run very hot, normally 80-90c load.
_I_ 2014년 7월 31일 오후 10시 27분 
at 100c drivers should force the pc to shut down

the 480 will run warm, but shouldnt get that hot
make sure its fan spins freely
and check with gpuz to see if the fan can run at 100% when its temps are 80c+
Joo'hiki 2014년 8월 1일 오전 2시 05분 
ahh, maybe i said it wrong way, The GPU runs at 100 celsius when the fps drops come and when usually in game
ACJCLIGHTNING님이 먼저 게시:
CemeGGi님이 먼저 게시:
NOOOOOooooooooo....... That is way too hot for continuous use. Usually its around there that the computer will auto-shutdown to avoid damage.

Clean out the PC of dust and stuff, maybe add more fans or something, but if the GPU already smells burnt it may be too late.
Joo'hiki 2014년 8월 1일 오전 2시 07분 
i cleaned it the best i could, Still fps drops, i will be testing another GPU in couple of days, i hope that atleast shows me the problem
Stymie™님이 먼저 게시:
CemeGGi님이 먼저 게시:
The GPU shouldn't be that hot. I'd suggest doing some cleaning on that GPU. GTX 480 is known to run very hot, normally 80-90c load.
Joo'hiki 2014년 8월 1일 오전 2시 09분 
there's dust in only 1 fan, it's in the front of the computer, every fan spins perfectly .
_I_님이 먼저 게시:
at 100c drivers should force the pc to shut down

the 480 will run warm, but shouldnt get that hot
make sure its fan spins freely
and check with gpuz to see if the fan can run at 100% when its temps are 80c+
Joo'hiki 2014년 8월 1일 오전 2시 10분 
i kinda... umm.. knocked it off my table , i already replaced the thermal paste
MA☝Omgwtfbbqstfu™님이 먼저 게시:
How did soda actually get into the case D:

isopropyl alchy bath time for your parts...but honestly anything that shorted out or whatever wouldn't affect your temps like that, either the heatsinks on wrong, fans not running or the themal paste needs replacing...you play around and figure it out:P liquid and electronics can create gremlins...so who knows. but your temps can be fixed.
Joo'hiki 2014년 8월 1일 오전 4시 12분 
The new GPU fixed the fps drops thank and cya
< >
13개 댓글 중 1-13개 표시
페이지당 표시 개수: 1530 50

게시된 날짜: 2014년 7월 31일 오후 2시 28분
게시글: 13