PC build help, I love AMD its cheaper and equally as powerful as Intel ETC.
First time build, really need to get an idea of what i want to be looking at building heres my build that ive been researching along time, my AMD build i think this is a solid entry level build.
I know i need an SSD but i will buy that in the near future for both of these builds.

Does my intel build compare to this? is it more powerful? better value for what i am paying?

really need a few tips and what i should do. Thanks for your help!

Intel: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/HT8pzy

AMD: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/gYnPQ7
< >
1-4 / 4 のコメントを表示
Intels are more stable. AMD is extremely affordable.
Intel I7's can do mulit-threading. AMD can't.
Intel do multi-core processing, better.

AMD setup is probably faster, but... if you go intel be sure that the model number ends with a K... K's are unlocked. And with a motherboard that does overclocking and with water cooling. The I5 may match AMD's affordable price. (looks like you know that already, or got lucky with the last digit for the INtel.)

You don't need a SDD drive. But if you do get one later, best keep the OS partition small enough to fit on whatever SDD size you plan on buying (probably gonna be 120GB). So you can do a clone copy of the partition. Otherwise you'll have to start from scratch and pretty much would have to format the whole system. You'll also likely have to buy another mechanical HDD to clone the other partition to it. You'll also have to use the same drive letter for the secondary partition and the second HDD. Then you can reformat your old drive and use it as a Third HDD. Regardless, it's not gonna be an easy swap. Be easiest if you just buy it now, before you have stuff that you'll want to keep on your HDD's.

I think this is the clone partition software I used on my system, but not sure.
Home use edition is free: http://www.disk-partition.com/download.html

BTW: all SDD's are 2.5"... also known as laptop sized HDD's. You may need to buy an adpator for it so it can mount in a 3.5" bay.

OS OEM packages are locked to your system. If you change your motherboard or Processor you'll have to buy another OS. If anything triggers windows to have to be re-registered, you'll have to buy another copy. Retail doesn't have that problem, but Retail versions of Win7 are no longer available and those that are they want 500 bucks for them. Can only find Win8 retail, now. Retail also come in both 32bit and 64bit installs, but you can only use one or the other, not both at the same time. 32 bit is dead anyways, so not really a factor.

Almost all Games are not built for PC's, but are built for consoles. And current consoles use 4 core processors. Those 4 extra cores on the AMD processor will likely have no effect towards gaming. But will help for using FRAPS or whatever else. Or maybe Turbo mode?

I can't say which is faster.... I don't research unless I'm buying for myself. But no OC'ing the AMD is likely faster. Lot's gonna depend on the Video Card, too. And whether or not the game is processor heavy or video card heavy.
最近の変更はHydra_360ciが行いました; 2014年7月31日 7時54分
wow thanks for your help, it explained alot i posted this topic on hardware community discussion and all them said intel due to the four cores being faster than AMD's eight.
I looked at the website Can You Run It, for battlefield hardline (new one, prepping for the future here) it said i could run it on high settings but if i crossfired the R9 280 (ive upgraded my graphics card due to it being a huge gap in preformance from the R9 270x) so if that was crossfired i would see a huge difference so i am thinking of that in the near future. I hate intel but its persuading me more and more but four cores? gaming is moving to six now isnt it? i am building for the future a processor that will last me a good year and a half - two years. I will have to research this into depth. Thank you.
Graphics card is what matters for games and for this money you can do better:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/WdVjBm

AMD CPU is dead end when it comes to upgrades and really old tech.
Good quality low-profile RAM that fits under CM Hyper 212 EVO heatsink.
Quality case, case fan is for lower sidepanel slot blowing in, upper sidepanel is left empty for CM Hyper 212 EVO clearance.
XFX PSU is manufactured by Seasonic and better quality and reliability then both PSU's you picked.
Almost no one really upgrades their cpu alone regardless. So the dead end talk is generally a non starter.
< >
1-4 / 4 のコメントを表示
ページ毎: 1530 50

投稿日: 2014年7月31日 1時39分
投稿数: 4