Intel I7 3770 Temps
What is the reccomended or maximum tempure of my non k i7 3770? The maximum i have seen my cpu hit in games/stresstests is 81c But i applied some new thermal compoud about a month ago and the max i have seen it hit recently is 78c what is a safe temp for my cpu and what temp should i start worrying? Thank you:steamhappy:
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Dr.Shadowds 🐉 Sep 28, 2016 @ 6:59pm 
105c is your limit. Are you air cooling or water cooling? Also are the temps of 81c / 78c from CPU stress testing?

http://ark.intel.com/products/65719/Intel-Core-i7-3770-Processor-8M-Cache-up-to-3_90-GHz
Bad 💀 Motha Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:04pm 
81*C at sustained max loads is quite normal for i7 class with Stock Cooler.
Buy better CPU Cooler and add more/better Case Fans.

It is not really an issue with 2nd/3rd/4th/6th Gen Intel CPUs unless you are hitting 90*C+

Now on some models of Pentium or i3; the max temp is lower; but those really should never even reach near that kind of a high temp, even with Intel Stock Cooler.

Buying any i5 or i7; ditch the Intel CPU Cooler for a good 3rd party one that is quiet, but can also keep the CPU much cooler; even at max.

When is the last time you blown out all the dust, or replaced the thermal paste on the CPU?
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:06pm
ChadTheImpaler Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:06pm 
I am using a air cool from arctic cooling i got with it and that was from stresstesting yes running cinebench around 5 times gets me to about 76c at the moment will be buying a aio cooler within a couple of weeks though
Bad 💀 Motha Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:07pm 
An AIO won't really run much cooler. Add more Case Fans; and ones that provide higher CFM

Get a better CPU Cooler, such as this
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA9PV3YE9689
Last edited by Bad 💀 Motha; Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:08pm
Dr.Shadowds 🐉 Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:08pm 
Originally posted by ChadTheImpalerr6:
I am using a air cool from arctic cooling i got with it and that was from stresstesting yes running cinebench around 5 times gets me to about 76c at the moment will be buying a aio cooler within a couple of weeks though
Ah, ok I just wanted to make sure it wasn't something else lol.

CPU still great, may I ask what kind of temps do you get when you're playing your games?
ChadTheImpaler Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:09pm 
Well i am doing a overhall on my system including a new case soon was going to get some Coolmaster Led JetFlo 140mm as my case at the moment only supports 1 rear 80mm fan i had to put a pci extractor fan i can her it choking :(
Dr.Shadowds 🐉 Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:11pm 
Well i am doing a overhall on my system including a new case soon was going to get some Coolmaster Led JetFlo 140mm as my case at the moment only supports 1 rear 80mm fan i had to put a pci extractor fan i can her it choking :(
Sounds like it gonna be a lot of fun. :happyz:
ChadTheImpaler Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:11pm 
I play game mostly like arma3,tf2,fifa 16,elite dangerous,paladins,gmod and skyrim max i have seen is 76c and i believe that is in arma 3 and fifa 16
ChadTheImpaler Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:12pm 
Originally posted by Dr.Shadowds:
It will be i am buying alot of stuff for it alli am keeping from my current system is the board cpu ram and ssd thats it xD
Bad 💀 Motha Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:13pm 
I highly recommend using a combination of Corsair AF/SP Fans; very good quality.
They often come in a 2x Pack for around $25

Yes buy a Case that has options for all of the fans being at least 120/140 mm in size for the various placements it support. Cases with 80mm fans should just be tossed out. As those are from the old days (like from the days of AMD Socket-A) I mean who buys newer cases with 80mm fan placements?
Dr.Shadowds 🐉 Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:14pm 
It will be i am buying alot of stuff for it alli am keeping from my current system is the board cpu ram and ssd thats it xD
Take some pictures to post on your profile after you finish, to show your hardwork.
Bad 💀 Motha Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:14pm 
76*C is only "warm" when it comes to Intel; that is nothing to worry about.
ChadTheImpaler Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:14pm 
I got the PC for pretty cheap as the guy needed it gone so i figured i could just get it for now and once i can afford it buy a new case
ChadTheImpaler Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:15pm 
Take some pictures to post on your profile after you finish, to show your hardwork.
I will do ^^ It will be in a couple of weeks time
Bad 💀 Motha Sep 28, 2016 @ 7:18pm 
Whats the rest of the specs? Like Motherboard and GPU.

Whats your budget for a New Case and CPU Cooler?
< >
Showing 1-15 of 31 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Sep 28, 2016 @ 6:46pm