Hdd transfer help
Every time I copy and then paste into my main hdd, during progress it gets stuck and won’t continue. Any ideas or other ways to transfer data from one hdd to another
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Bad 💀 Motha Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:03pm 
Transferring what exactly?

And before you copy and paste, select what you are about to copy and press ALT+Enter to check the Properties and thus what total space it takes up first. Then ensure the target has above that in free space.
De gr8 me GuST@! Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:50pm 
Originally posted by Bad_Motha:
Transferring what exactly?

And before you copy and paste, select what you are about to copy and press ALT+Enter to check the Properties and thus what total space it takes up first. Then ensure the target has above that in free space.
I was transferring data from my old hdd drive to my new one and I have plenty of space
Bad 💀 Motha Dec 13, 2017 @ 11:06pm 
Well not sure how that is screwing up; make a video of the issue perhaps.
Seven7 Dec 13, 2017 @ 11:15pm 
1 make check disk
2 than use far manager x64 runned as Administrator for copy data - it can crawl on system super hidden folders, can copy with inheritance of access rights or with resetting to the level of the current user, or with the rights of the destination folder, at will, it can skip files with damage, occupied by other applications, with violation of NTFS limits, etc (and show full path to this folder\file)
Last edited by Seven7; Dec 13, 2017 @ 11:40pm
Talby Dec 14, 2017 @ 3:10am 
forget file exploder - use robocopy[social.technet.microsoft.com] and don't look back.
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Dec 13, 2017 @ 10:01pm