This topic has been locked
Scheissen Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:08pm
LavasoftTCPService.dll error
LavasoftTCPService.dll error

When i start steam it says: a incompatible version of LavasoftTCPService.dll (in relationship to Lavasoft Web Companion) was detected in the steam files
We recommend to update the software or to remove it , if gamecrashes are happening.
That´s exactly what is happening, but I cant find any of those files on my computer. I alrerady removed all Laversoft products and downloaded steam again.
Last edited by Scheissen; Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:08pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Omega Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:13pm 
According to the web you should be able to find the .DLL in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and if you have a 64 bit version of Windows one can also be found in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\.
Last edited by Omega; Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:14pm
Scheissen Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:17pm 
Originally posted by Omega:
According to the web you should be able to find the .DLL in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and in one in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\.
and what sould i do with it?
Omega Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:19pm 
Originally posted by EichenBaum:
According to the web you should be able to find the .DLL in C:\WINDOWS\system32\ and in one in C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\.
Delete them.

You might have to enable "show hidden files" before you gain access to those folders.

If Windows tells you you can not delete it we will CMD it.
Last edited by Omega; Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:22pm
Scheissen Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:25pm 
Delete them.

You might have to enable "show hidden files" before you gain access to those folders.

If Windows tells you you can not delete it we will go and CMD it.
for the one in SysWOW64 it says: cant be deleted cus its opened in NVIDIA Backend and for the one in system 32, which is named lavasoftTcpService64.dll it says: cant be deleted cus its opened in Service.exe
BTW i dont know what CMD means
Scheissen Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:35pm 
Originally posted by Seven7:
Uninstall Web companion (Lavasoft adware)
I dont have any lavasoft products, I deleted them all and i couldnt find any web companion
Omega Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:37pm 
Delete them.

If Windows tells you you can not delete it we will go and CMD it.
for the one in SysWOW64 it says: cant be deleted cus its opened in NVIDIA Backend and for the one in system 32, which is named lavasoftTcpService64.dll it says: cant be deleted cus its opened in Service.exe
CMD is a lost resort I will guide you thru the steps if it comes to that.

While honding the SHIFT button on your keyboard click the "start button > on/off > Restart", a blue screen will appear which gives you serveral options, go to "Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings > Restart" after your PC has reboot it will give you several options to choose from; press the number 5 on your keyboard. Now Windows will boot in safe mode, navigate to those files and remove them. Once you have done that run Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro while in safe mode to make sure your PC is clean.
Last edited by Omega; Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:38pm
Scheissen Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:47pm 
CMD is a lost resort I will guide you thru the steps if it comes to that.

While honding the SHIFT button on your keyboard click the "start button > on/off > Restart", a blue screen will appear which gives you serveral options, go to "Troubleshoot > Advanced options > Startup settings > Restart" after your PC has reboot it will give you several options to choose from; press the number 5 on your keyboard. Now Windows will boot in safe mode, navigate to those files and remove them. Once you have done that run Malwarebytes and Hitman Pro while in safe mode to make sure your PC is clean.
Thank you, i will try it later, its very late and im very tired
Bad 💀 Motha Jul 19, 2017 @ 6:19pm 
Uninstall AVG
Sotis Jul 20, 2017 @ 1:36am 
Originally posted by Bad_Motha:
Uninstall AVG
what is AVG?
Omega Jul 20, 2017 @ 2:50am 
Originally posted by Sotis:
Uninstall AVG
what is AVG?
Its a anti virus scanner.
Sotis Jul 20, 2017 @ 3:52am 
Originally posted by Sotis:
what is AVG?
Its a anti virus scanner.
Lol, why should I remove it? It worked well all this time. Anyway I can't remove it. There must be another reason.
Last edited by Sotis; Jul 20, 2017 @ 3:53am
Bad 💀 Motha Jul 20, 2017 @ 3:55am 
Lavasoft is the maker of AVG; uninstall it.
Why wouldn't u be able to? If you are not the Admin user, then get that user to fix this issue.
AVG is junk, get rid of it.
Sotis Jul 20, 2017 @ 6:37am 
Lavasoft is the maker of AVG; uninstall it.
Why wouldn't u be able to? If you are not the Admin user, then get that user to fix this issue.
AVG is junk, get rid of it.
Hm. My antivirus isn't AVG, it's Symantec... and I can't uninstall it because it's my corporate computer (yes, with Steam and games). anyway it's strange that this error started to appear when nothing was changed on PC.
Bad 💀 Motha Jul 20, 2017 @ 8:58am 
Wipe the OS clean then.
kleintierschreck Jul 20, 2017 @ 1:40pm 
If you dont have AVG you got another programm from Lavasoft, and you´´ll have to uninstall it.
Win- button + X -> windows controlpanel -> software and programms -> uninstall all Lavasoft programms. After this it should be fixed. :)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 24 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jul 19, 2017 @ 2:08pm