Dienime Jan 22, 2017 @ 3:03pm
ASUS TV500BG Compatibility
I have a ASUS TV500BG Bluetooth controller ("for Nexus Player"). It works for many controller-supported Steam games, but not all, despite being supposed to work as an Xbox controller. Recently, it has begun to stop working mid-game. It seems as if the buttons re-map about 15 minutes into playing a game. If I turn the controller off and back on again, I get another 15 minutes.

I have the the Windows ASUS drivers from their website and have run "install_all.bat."

When the game pad is connected, the Windows "Game Controllers" window shows three controllers: two "Gamepad"s and a "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)."

I am running Windows 10 on a Surface Pro 2.

Any ideas what is happening and how to fix?
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Dienime Jan 22, 2017 @ 3:34pm 
Additional Info:

Under "Human Interface Devices" in the Device Manager, there are, in fact, three controllers. There is an "ASUS GamePad" and two "HID-Compliant Game Controller"s.

Disabling the "ASUS Game Pad" makes one of the "Gamepad"s in the Game Controllers window disappear. Disabling the second "HID-Compliant Game Controller" makes the other "Gamepad" disappear for a moment, then re-appear.

Restarting the computer re-installs both "HID-Compliant Game Controller"s after uninstall.
LeoLucid Mar 29, 2017 @ 4:50pm 
Did you ever figure this out? I'm literally looking at ordering 3 of these exact same controllers for use with an Xbox 1S controller for 4 player PC games and have this exact concern. Please advise.
Last edited by LeoLucid; Mar 29, 2017 @ 4:51pm
Dienime Apr 14, 2017 @ 5:17pm 
Sorry, I haven't figured it out. I got really busy with real life for a while and stopped messing with it myself, and never heard back from anyone else as you can see. The controllers are awesome if they'd work...

Let me know if you have better luck than I did!
mark.finn Aug 28, 2022 @ 5:41am 
For me the fix was to use HidHide. It allows you to hide the other controllers so Steam and your games only see the "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)".

https://vigem.org/projects/HidHide/Simple-Setup-Guide/
< >
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jan 22, 2017 @ 3:03pm