Using dual monitors
Okay so I am pretty new to using dual monitors. A line of pixles died on my old monitor so I went out and got a 4k ultrawide monitor. But I am trying to use my old monitor until it dies mainly so I can keep teamspeak/guides up on it while I game on my other monitor.

My issue is that when I game I usually play in windowed borderless mode. So when I am playing a shooter for example sometimes my mouse will go into the other monitor and when I right click to ads or left click to shoot it will take priority to the other monitor and then I will not be able to move, aim or shoot until I get the mouse back to the monitor my game is on and click the mouse.

Currently I have the monitor with the dead pixels set up as monitor #1 because it is to the left of my ultrawide montior and I have it set as an extension. Is there anyway to fix this other than having to playing in fullscreen?
< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
ARmodder Mar 26, 2017 @ 10:58pm 
Try setting your new monitor as monitor one, I believe the number represents your primary monitor, so that when you click on your new monitor, because it's not set to one, the mouse is interfacing to the old monitor, I can't say for sure as it's been a while since I have used dual monitors.
Supafly Mar 27, 2017 @ 1:40am 
I have a dual monitor setup and have always played my games in fullscreen because of this problem.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to restrict mouse to a signal monitor.

Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though, as I havn't looked for a solution since XP so maybe something has been found/created since then.
I Taste Colors Mar 27, 2017 @ 3:04am 
Originally posted by ARmodder:
Try setting your new monitor as monitor one, I believe the number represents your primary monitor, so that when you click on your new monitor, because it's not set to one, the mouse is interfacing to the old monitor, I can't say for sure as it's been a while since I have used dual monitors.

That is not how it works at all. The order of the monitors in no way effects which one is primary. All the order indicates is the order of which the monitors are on your desk. So if you have a dual montior setup you want the monitor on the left to be one which lets your pc know that your mouse needs to go into the right side of the screen to go into your second monitor and vice versa for the second monitor with the mouse needing to go through the left side of the screen to get back to the first monitor. Similarily if you have 3 monitors you need your middle monitor to be number 2 so the pc knows that the mouse needs to be able to go through both sides of the monitor.

Originally posted by Supafly:
I have a dual monitor setup and have always played my games in fullscreen because of this problem.

As far as I'm aware there is no way to restrict mouse to a signal monitor.

Sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong though, as I havn't looked for a solution since XP so maybe something has been found/created since then.
I actually found a program. There is a program that can prevent it in 2 ways. One way is that it will not allow the mouse to go through the monitor unless your mouse cursor is next to the side of the screen it needs to be on for a specified amount of time. So if you need to go from monitor 2 to monitor 1 then you would need to hold it on the left side of the screen for how ever many ms you chose. Or you can select a key and unless you are holding that key you cannot switch between montiors which is what I use. I have it set to control because I cannot think of a single scenario where I would be holding control while looking around.

< >
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Mar 26, 2017 @ 7:21pm