DARK SOULS™ III

DARK SOULS™ III

View Stats:
chso May 26, 2017 @ 7:11am
Fps drops
I have a question about dark souls 3. Im playing with a gtx 1070 and i love it but on dark souls 3 i hate it. I get stable 60fps but with dips. So the dips is like from 60 to 56. This only happens when i explore new areas and maybe even here and then i get some fps dips. So my question is if it is my pc that sucks or dark souls 3 pc port?
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Omega May 26, 2017 @ 7:20am 
The game is locked to 60. The game is probably the problem I see a lot of people complain about FPS drops. What CPU do you have? What resolution and settings do you play at? What is your preformance in other games?
chso May 26, 2017 @ 7:46am 
Originally posted by Omega:
The game is locked to 60. The game is probably the problem I see a lot of people complain about FPS drops. What CPU do you have? What resolution and settings do you play at? What is your preformance in other games?
My cpu is i 5 7400 i play with max settings and 1080p. My performance in other games is better i dont get any fps drops. I tested it with doom. Is doom okay to test if my performance is good or not*?
Omega May 26, 2017 @ 7:55am 
Originally posted by Jerry:
My cpu is i 5 7400 i play with max settings and 1080p. My performance in other games is better i dont get any fps drops. I tested it with doom. Is doom okay to test if my performance is good or not*?
The problems is probably that the game has terable optimization. Ask on the Dark Souls forums maybe this is a known problem. Also you should be playing at 1440p with a GTX 1070 1080p is a waste of the GPUs power.
[☥] - CJ - May 26, 2017 @ 8:08am 
Doom isnt really a good comparison as Doom and DS3 use different API's

But as said, its probably just an issue with DS3
Lower the settings a smidge n see how it plays
chso May 26, 2017 @ 8:17am 
Originally posted by ☥ - CJ -:
Doom isnt really a good comparison as Doom and DS3 use different API's

But as said, its probably just an issue with DS3
Lower the settings a smidge n see how it plays
alright i tested with wicther 3,bf1,shadow warrior 2. Are those games good for comparison?
chso May 26, 2017 @ 8:18am 
The problems is probably that the game has terable optimization. Ask on the Dark Souls forums maybe this is a known problem. Also you should be playing at 1440p with a GTX 1070 1080p is a waste of the GPUs power.
If i get a smooth 60 fps+ on witcher 3 and bf1 then its clearly the game?
[☥] - CJ - May 26, 2017 @ 8:20am 
For the most part yeah
Omega May 26, 2017 @ 8:22am 
Yes.
chso May 26, 2017 @ 1:16pm 
Yes.
So i tested lowering the graphics to lowest and it seems like i get the same fps drops as i get when i have max graphics. So does this mean its the optimization on the game or?
Omega May 26, 2017 @ 1:17pm 
Yes.
So i tested lowering the graphics to lowest and it seems like i get the same fps drops as i get when i have max graphics. So does this mean its the optimization on the game or?
Its the game.
chso May 26, 2017 @ 1:19pm 
Its the game.
Ok i just have one question why dont i get better fps at lower settings? Im not so good with pc
Omega May 26, 2017 @ 1:21pm 
Its the game.
Ok i just have one question why dont i get better fps at lower settings? Im not so good with pc
The game is locked at 60 fps. The stutter is simply poor optimization.
< >
Showing 1-12 of 12 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: May 26, 2017 @ 7:11am