dunadan 23 nov. 2012 às 14:47
Steam should give us more control over our library
As I now have around, 250, 400 individual games linked to my Steam account, I find my library to be cluttered and impractical as Steam doesn't provide the proper features to organize it a minimum.

So if I may here are a few suggestions roughly by order of importance.

-Drag&drop
-Renamable categories
-Sub categories
-A game dump feature so you can hide unwanted content
-An option limited to the Library to edit the titles of our games
-A lock option to keep the games in the order we choose
-Clearer indication of the DLCs we own and those we don't
-A possibility to disable/enable DLCs

I really wish Valve could take into account some of those ideas. It really is the bare minimum to make our growing libraries managable.

Feel free to comment and bring up new ideas. :)
Última alteração por dunadan; 30 mar. 2014 às 5:58
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 72 comentários
algabana 23 nov. 2012 às 17:28 
$team are a Company, Only to Rape Your Mine, Are Computers.
3xiT0n 24 nov. 2012 às 0:55 
The OP has great ideas and I agree with all these as it can be difficult to manage. Especially > Categories needs to be completely reworked with all OP suggestions.
Angel 24 nov. 2012 às 2:19 
I don't have that many games in my library at the moment since I'm new to steam, but I have played other game services, and I know that game libraries or data-bases of any kind get cluttered quickly, so I think this is a good idea.
Vas 24 nov. 2012 às 4:46 
Well you shouldn't be able to permanently remove games, that could create issues. But maybe a new sort list called hidden, and the ability to hide games from the 'All games' sort list and view hidden only when you go to that list. The sort feature up there by search, that shows the types of filters like recent and installed.
tigeltoN 24 nov. 2012 às 7:06 
I support this idea
RebelPlatypus 24 nov. 2012 às 8:10 
I think this is good and I also feel that a game should be allowed to be placed into multiple categories.
dunadan 24 nov. 2012 às 8:28 
Originalmente postado por Vas:
Well you shouldn't be able to permanently remove games, that could create issues. But maybe a new sort list called hidden, and the ability to hide games from the 'All games' sort list and view hidden only when you go to that list.

Well you can already ask Steam Support to remove games or DLCs from your account. It takes days for them to answer though, and I'm sure they have better things to do.

I personnaly did it to remove a couple of betas sticking around in my library after release and I do know people asked the Steam Support to remove DLCs for Saint Row The Third which kinda ruined the solo experience. Although it would be better if you could just choose which DLCs to install with your game.

From a technical point of view I don't think it creates issues. However I think it'ld have to be done through Steamguard and multiple validations to make sure users know what they are doing and also to keep malicious people from erasing your library.

Anyway while an hide option, like on Origin, would sure be appreciated. Imho I think it would still be better to have the option to permanently remove games from our accounts without having to go through the support.
Última alteração por dunadan; 25 nov. 2012 às 1:59
Serenex 25 nov. 2012 às 14:03 
steam has most of this....
dunadan 25 nov. 2012 às 14:07 
You come from the future or something? Because I'm pretty sure Steam has none of the features described in my original message.
Última alteração por dunadan; 25 nov. 2012 às 14:09
Yeah steam desperately need drag and drop for categories. The current mode is very slow and very inefficient and essentially makes categories a waste of time.
PentaPenta 25 nov. 2012 às 14:45 
I'm curious, why would anyone want to re-name their games?
I honestly can't think of a valid situation where you would need that.
dunadan 25 nov. 2012 às 14:59 
Well at least in my library I see a lot of inconsistencies regarding the way games are named overall and also between titles part of the same series. Since by default games are ordered by alphabet, you can have some games from the same serie being placed at different locations in your library.

Few examples...

Prototype
PROTOTYPE 2

Medieval II : Total War
Rome : Total War
Total War : SHOGUN 2

Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition

DOOM 3
DOOM II: Hell on Earth
Master Levels for DOOM II

Dungeon Siege II
Dungeon Siege 3

When you have only a few dozen games it's not a a real problem. However when you have hundreds, it's a real mess. I don't even bother making categories anymore after Steam reseted them once. It's just painful to do without drag&drop and subcategories.
Última alteração por dunadan; 25 nov. 2012 às 15:30
iptoux 25 nov. 2012 às 16:31 
removing games permanently would be a good idea
iptoux 25 nov. 2012 às 16:31 
btw... all ideas are good :D
PentaPenta 25 nov. 2012 às 17:01 
Originalmente postado por !pT0ux:
removing games permanently would be a good idea
You currently can remove games by contacting Steam Support. The reason they have a (relatively) hard way of doing it is to make it less likely for someone to "accidentaly" delete their games.
Última alteração por PentaPenta; 25 nov. 2012 às 17:01
< >
A mostrar 1-15 de 72 comentários
Por página: 1530 50

Postado a: 23 nov. 2012 às 14:47
Comentários: 72