<RCS> Mike Nov 5, 2012 @ 8:23pm
Ability to Re-Claim Inactive Groups
My suggestion is to claim inactive groups.
There are many Steam Groups out there that are inactive, and are using group names that I want, so if group is inactive no posts, announcements, new members etc... And a email should be sent for verification otherwise the group gets disbaned.
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
DarkCrystalMethod Nov 5, 2012 @ 9:32pm 
Steam groups are only deleted once it has no more members.
I know a group where the single admin hasn't logged in for 700+ days.(see if you can spot the group on my profile). I figure the guy left steam forever (not banned) or died.
The rest of us still find the group useful or just haven't bothered with leaving it. Its not terribly active anyway, but it does help with finding fellow gamers online, even if they aren't directly steam friends.
And no members can take over as admin since nobody else has that permission level.
Radakast Mar 16, 2014 @ 10:05am 
I am in this same scenerio. I was in a clan long ago with a name that is occupied by 1 person. I'd like the clan name, as I've just gotten back into CS:GO and would really like to use our name. Its not aweful to come up with another name, but it would be nice if we could just take over the group.
Tenshi Aug 4, 2014 @ 9:46am 
Same problem. My league of legends Semi-pro team 'Cloud Connected' have all moved to CSGO (we play casually sometimes but still play League also), we want the groupname Cloud Connected, but one RANDOM guy has the groupname and has been inactive for half a year so I cant even ask for the name
BuBu Aug 26, 2014 @ 4:01pm 
Everyone has a "refresh" system that eventually will reset names in games, why does Steam not!?

My Group Tag & URL are taken by single person with 0.1 hours of any game played. 0 Games owned and that was 4 years ago

You should need 5 members to even create a group
Green Bean Dec 27, 2014 @ 11:12am 
+1

Was this ever considered ?
Mark Dec 27, 2014 @ 12:10pm 
+1
< >
Showing 1-6 of 6 comments
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Nov 5, 2012 @ 8:23pm