Mud'N Sep 12, 2013 @ 1:14pm
Friends invite message
It just feels creepy not being able to send a message with a friends invite. or message a guy you had a good and friendly game with after the fact. Some games can get quite hectic fast and to the end.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
ReBoot Sep 12, 2013 @ 1:23pm 
Good point. When adding someone, I'd like to write something like "Nice match of L4D2 we just had" or "Following your forum trade offer".
Black Blade Sep 12, 2013 @ 4:58pm 
"Or i am stacking you from now on" ya i agree that will be great
bludfang Sep 12, 2013 @ 8:03pm 
i agree infinity
Mud'N Sep 13, 2013 @ 8:30am 
I know if I get a random invite to anything in a mmorpg, if it was not followed by a message of whisper, I decline. Aften scolding them for blind invites.

Now we just need to see if Value reads this and thinks the same. Then I can strat seeding more ideas, depending how this plays out.
Laptop65 Sep 13, 2013 @ 8:32am 
It'd be nice to send a message to someone while sending a friend request, some people like to know why a person has added them a lot of the time.
DarthWound Feb 10 @ 11:24pm 
Sorry to bump this, but I agree, we need this feature. I have a lot of requests without knowing why, and when I accept them they simply don't talk at all. I'm not on Facebook, I want to know why people add me, I need a filter, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

edit : or public comments when a profile is private ?
Fox Feb 11 @ 5:12am 
Originally posted by Mud'N:
It just feels creepy not being able to send a message with a friends invite. or message a guy you had a good and friendly game with after the fact. Some games can get quite hectic fast and to the end.
Send friend invite "add my friend here <phishing_link>" or any other spam you can think of.
Text boxes were deleted from trade offers for this very reason : misleading text which got people scammed.

Furthermore, I could friend anyone with a spam message, just like junk mail (but in Steam), which for sure would lead to suggestions to remove it (if Valve don't do this already due to the scammed people).

Invalid, but I agree.
Mud'N Feb 11 @ 7:37am 
It has become clear that this steam commuity is unhealthy and as such must run strict and cold. There are too many exploiters and vulnerable ido-err-guys. I still find it messed up that one of the community badge chores is to post your real name on your profile.

It was a nice idea when I thought steam could build a community. But truth is they are very hard focused on cash.
Black Blade Feb 11 @ 9:43am 
Originally posted by Mud'N:
It has become clear that this steam commuity is unhealthy and as such must run strict and cold. There are too many exploiters and vulnerable ido-err-guys. I still find it messed up that one of the community badge chores is to post your real name on your profile.

It was a nice idea when I thought steam could build a community. But truth is they are very hard focused on cash.
well that badge is to show you things that you may not have known abut so far.. that is why you have that there.. and you do not have to put your real name.. and also after putting one you can delete it
Mud'N Feb 11 @ 9:46am 
yes I know it is easily bypassed, but it is directed to teach bad internet usage.
MasterfulGamester Feb 11 @ 5:01pm 
That would be great.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Sep 12, 2013 @ 1:14pm