durwoodx 2013 年 8 月 28 日 下午 7:59
Petition for a "Show Early Access" filter button on store
I don't know how other people feel, but the early access thing is starting to get out of control. At first it seemed like a good way to help support games that were maybe in mid-to-late-beta stage, but anymore it seems like an excuse for alpha (and sometimes pre-alpha) games to get people to pay for the privilege of bug testing what may end up being vaporware.

I would like to request a "Show Early Access" button to be added to the new releases tab on the store page (the same way there is a "Show Downloadable Content" button to filter out DLC if you are not interested.)

Please post here if you agree.
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 121
Black Blade 2013 年 8 月 28 日 下午 11:58 
Some feel you man it was posted in the past a few times
And any way abut early beta things you can ask for a refund while its in (if i remmber right)
I like also earlyrelase games but i can understand why you want it
durwoodx 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:10 
Yeah, probably should have done a search to see if anyone else had posted this, but it was a third beer inspiration.
n1.nero 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:29 
It is really pretty anoying..if I want to support a game even before alpha, i go to kickstarter and do it there..
Black Blade 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:32 
引用自 n1.nero
It is really pretty anoying..if I want to support a game even before alpha, i go to kickstarter and do it there..
Well there you usely get only indie
I personally would never buy an early access game, and even if I did I wouldn't play it until it was completed. It would be nice to filter out these games from the store.
Black Blade 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:56 
引用自 Canti
I personally would never buy an early access game, and even if I did I wouldn't play it until it was completed. It would be nice to filter out these games from the store.
Maybe steam needs to think on makeing a second store pagea that will be more porsnal with game types you mark you want and takeing off stuff you never going to buy
Useless for me but what ever
最後修改者:Black Blade; 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:57
Satoru 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:57 
A filter for Early Access is counter to what the program is used for. Who would want to be part of the program either, if you're going to be buiried in some other part of the store. XBLA/XBIG worked the same way and it was a disaster.

and geeze it's not like there are billions of Early Access games that require a 'filter'
最後修改者:Satoru; 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 4:58
Black Blade 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:00 
引用自 Satoru
and geeze it's not like there are billions of Early Access games that require a 'filter'
I think thete talking abut what the futear my hold
[Edit]
Right to typeing these thete are 113 Early accses games
[Edit on my bad]
43 games
最後修改者:Black Blade; 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:11
引用自 Black Blade
引用自 Satoru
[Edit]
Where are you looking? I only see 43
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?genre=Early%20Access&category1=998&snr=1_200_200_Early+Access_202
最後修改者:The low-sugar contents of Gerbil; 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:04
Black Blade 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:07 
引用自 Canti
引用自 Black Blade
[Edit]
Where are you looking? I only see 43
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?genre=Early%20Access&category1=998&snr=1_200_200_Early+Access_202
My bad... frogot to set games ^^U
Satoru 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:08 
引用自 Black Blade
引用自 Satoru
[Edit]

Filter for both Early Acces AND GAMES.

65 of your 113 are Videos
Satoru 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:10 
This argument as been brought up for the Applications as well.

Adding a filter is as effective as taking it off teh front page of the store. Which negates the entire purpose of being on Steam.

If tehy're going to fitter it, they'd just can the program instead.
durwoodx 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 5:28 
Hey man, there are some people that are into it, and go for it, but personally I have found that it is becoming more and more common (there are 3 on the first page of the store alone) and the quality has dropped substantially from when the program started - enough that I no longer feel like supporting any early access titles with my own $$$.

A filter button doesn't can the program, it just gives those of us who aren't fans the option of leaving those games off our feed until they are fully released.
Alasher 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 6:36 
+1 to the topic, I personally have no interest in early access games in steam at all, they just make main store page more messy, than it was.

Also steam should add another date field for these early access projects, because alfa's release date is definitely not a "normal" games release date
最後修改者:Alasher; 2013 年 8 月 29 日 上午 6:44
bvguthrie 2013 年 8 月 31 日 上午 10:58 
Rather than a filter, I think there should be a tab, just like there is for games that are coming soon, top sellers, or discounted. That way, anyone who wanted to ignore early access could look only at the "regular" new releases tab, but in one click anyone who wanted to could see the new early access releases as well.
< >
目前顯示第 1-15 則留言,共 121
每頁顯示: 1530 50

張貼日期: 2013 年 8 月 28 日 下午 7:59
回覆: 121