YEAAAA Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:26pm
The Ability To Reset Total Hours Played
Every player should have an option to reset their total hours played for aesthetic purposes. Although it may seem useless, some people may want to restart the game from scratch without having to sign up for another account.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
That Guy Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:30am 
na its better this way . when people show up on a forum and cry and they have 0.1 hour total game time and there complaining about late game content on the pc version there just trolling
YEAAAA Jun 27, 2013 @ 8:41am 
Some people may want to reset their total hours played to not be reminded of the time wasted on that game.
Gus the Crocodile Jun 27, 2013 @ 1:46pm 
Why? What does being reminded do, give you rabies? Some people should probably learn to accept their imperfect life for what it is.
YEAAAA Jun 27, 2013 @ 1:51pm 
In case you haven't noticed, some people may want it for aesthetic purposes. Why would people need to accept their "imperfect life" when it could easily be avoided by adding this feature mr.poindexter?
Last edited by YEAAAA; Jun 27, 2013 @ 1:53pm
Gus the Crocodile Jun 27, 2013 @ 2:07pm 
For aesthetic purposes. I think society looks better that way.
What aesthetic purpose?
EchoCharlie Jun 27, 2013 @ 2:11pm 
If someone who dedicate a lot of time on his/her steam account and is proud of their time's account get hacked the hacker will reset all of his/her time spent on his/her games
I'd actually love it if i could just hide my playtime from others. Nobody needs to know how many hours i've spend playing certain games of which i'm a little embaresed about. It would generally be nice to have more options to regulate what's visible to who and what's not.
YEAAAA Jun 27, 2013 @ 2:15pm 
Originally posted by ShadowSnow:
If someone who dedicate a lot of time on his/her steam account and is proud of their time's account get hacked the hacker will reset all of his/her time spent on his/her games

Don't click links that people send you and don't share your personal information with others. That way you can't get hacked unless the person is dedicated to hacking you for some odd reason.
DemoPirate Jun 27, 2013 @ 2:17pm 
some people get judged for spending too much time on 1 game. I do.
YEAAAA Jun 27, 2013 @ 2:20pm 
They could also implement a feature that doesn't allow you to reset your total hours played until you've been using the same IP you logged in with for at least a week. They could also have you answer a couple of security questions before you are able to confirm.
Last edited by YEAAAA; Jul 2, 2013 @ 3:07pm
Falconhoof Jan 19, 2014 @ 8:53am 
*casually necroposts this* In my case, Puzzle Bots crashed its window and ran secretly in the background for like a week, and so one of my most played games is now a mediocre point and click adventure. I don't like this.
Stigkill01 Apr 10, 2014 @ 9:59am 
Originally posted by Cyanide:
Every player should have an option to reset their total hours played for aesthetic purposes. Although it may seem useless, some people may want to restart the game from scratch without having to sign up for another account.

I think this is an excellent idea because if someone to gets a game removed off their account they can't reset the playtime stats and achievements on there community profile, therefore leaving stray stats.
Last edited by Stigkill01; May 19, 2014 @ 12:51pm
Charlie Apr 11, 2014 @ 6:21pm 
If they want to start a game from scratch just start a new save
Level 5 Mage Apr 11, 2014 @ 6:38pm 
I don't think restarting time really does much, though... Most people like to show off their game time, anyway.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 53 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 26, 2013 @ 10:26pm