Lagge Jun 6, 2013 @ 1:03am
Sort games by date bought
When using the list view to see all your games, it would be handy if there'd be a column "date bought". Allowing one to sort the games in the order they where bought. Nowadays with these big bundles of games , it easy to miss some recently bought games on an ever growing list of owned games.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
psyCosmo Jun 6, 2013 @ 1:56am 
Mmmmmmm..... could be nice but I think we can live without it/
Gaz Jun 6, 2013 @ 3:58am 
Would be nice to see this implemented
Although separate from your game list you can already see the order you bought your games.

Top right hand corner of steam click your username > Account details > Store transactions.

I know this doesn’t exactly answer your question but if your intension is to play through your games in purchase order you at least have something to refer to.
JacopKane May 11, 2014 @ 10:55am 
I really need this feature. Release date would be a plus as well.
Revan343 Jun 23, 2014 @ 7:21pm 
This would be a great feature to have.
Willynilly Jun 23, 2014 @ 8:07pm 
Nice idea. Top marks.
Vultaire Jul 24, 2014 @ 9:52pm 
+1. If nothing else, would love to see this exposed through the Web API.
stevecole90099 Sep 24, 2014 @ 7:08pm 
+1. It really annoying this isn't already possible. A lot of times I'll buy a game because its on sale or looks interesting to play later but by time I have time to play it, it gets lost among the 800+ other games in my library. Like someone already said this is kind of possible using the store transaction page but that page doesn't link to the games so after you find one you have to search the store or library to find it then install it.
deezus Sep 24, 2014 @ 9:32pm 
:bigups:
BridgetFisher Sep 24, 2014 @ 9:34pm 
This would be a good option many of us forget what games we buy like here.
Magron Sep 24, 2014 @ 9:52pm 
what an idiot. I'm still using that silly old 'icon on the desktop' to manage my games.
sAnexeh Feb 7, 2015 @ 10:05am 
+1 for this idea. Maybe that way I'll actually play games I bought during sales!
kinarduk Nov 5, 2015 @ 3:13am 
I'd like to +1 this as well, for the same reasons as above. When looking at the games now in "detail" view you can see a "Game purchased" label next to the install button, so they must have it stored. It would be VERY useful to be able to sort games by date purchased.

Thanks
Jiblet Nov 26, 2015 @ 12:23pm 
Yes please.
_Rej_ Dec 13, 2015 @ 11:10am 
Originally posted by Magron:
what an idiot. I'm still using that silly old 'icon on the desktop' to manage my games.
Yeah, used to do that for years (still do), until your HDD (SSD) crashes and you reinstall everything (including the main Steam folder which was on the drive that committed harakiri), no more desktop icons & all my games were not installed when I reinstalled (no icons and the backups icons I had saved didn't work (had to change drive letter for Steam)) so right now I would have used it (sort list by: date, most played, etc). I don't even get why it's not implemented... it IS a list after all no?

Originally posted by Xtian:
Mmmmmmm..... could be nice but I think we can live without it/
Yeah true... we've been doing it since it's been out actually. Sure, we can live with substandard interfaces (list should be sort-able as they are in pretty much any windows applications with some exceptions -- Steam being one of them), but adding a functionality that takes a few days at most (it takes me a few minutes at most to add <sorts> functionality to my list when I program them) which would help tons of people from then on? No more suggestions or complaints. And this one(sort by date purchased), I have to admit, I find would be helpful for me as well, the reason I came to read about this.

so /signed :-)
< >
Showing 1-15 of 56 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Jun 6, 2013 @ 1:03am