Hardware Survey - Let me delete data
Hey,
I'm always willed to help to improve Steam and I like that Steam shows me what information is collected and gives me the chance to not submit them. Well, I have absolulutly no problem if you know about my hardware but I don't want Steam to know about ALL my software installed.

Please give us the chance to say: "Submit software information" - Yes/No!
< >
Näytetään 1-10 / 10 kommentista
Well that is just for submission for the survey. They can technically always know what software you have. Go to your help menu and look at one of the options in there (I think its system information - can't remember) and all your data is nicely sitting in there for them already :)
That will destroy the value of gathering that information as their charts and graphs will not be accurate. That said, the information is gathered anonymously, so they will not hold your list of pirated software/game cheats/viruses against you.
A Hardware Survey should be *hardware only*. Steam has no business looking at installed software on my computer, no matter whether they are legal or not. If they want to do that they should rename it to hardware and software survey and be fair and quare about it.
I'll happily submit my *hardware* properties, but once I saw the list of all my installed programs I was quite irritated and clicked [Cancel]. I won't trust the survey again, whether it is anonymous or not.

Now if you had to the option to limit it to driver versions and general libraries needed to play games, giving *me, the user* the options to tick which programs can be included... sure, I have no objection about submitting my Java and Adobe Flash versions, provided that this will indeed be done anonymously.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on jorlin; 1.6.2013 klo 11.56
jorlin lähetti viestin:
A Hardware Survey should be *hardware only*.

True
Matt 1.6.2013 klo 12.42 
Steam Hardware & Software Survey: May 2013
http://store.steampowered.com/hwsurvey
I see no reason not to let them know what software people have. It is non-personal information after all. They need to to ensure software compatability.
Spawn of Totoro lähetti viestin:
I see no reason not to let them know what software people have. It is non-personal information after all. They need to to ensure software compatability.

I see no reason why I should let them know. You get nothing for it. ;)
Terminal Wargasm lähetti viestin:

Then feel free to click the no box.

We get Steam with it's sales. We also get asked if we want to send the information. Most places don't ask, they just send it, so the information is already out there.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Spawn of Totoro; 1.6.2013 klo 16.38
Spawn of Totoro lähetti viestin:

Then free to click the no box.

That is not an answer to my question.
That is not an answer to my question.

There was no question to answer.

Yo also seem to have ignored the part about software compatibility.

Either participate in it or not. Nothing to debate. Nothing to ask.

That is all there is to it. You don't get to pick and choose.

You single survey doesn't matter anyways with so many clicking accept as it is.
Viimeisin muokkaaja on Spawn of Totoro; 1.6.2013 klo 16.42
< >
Näytetään 1-10 / 10 kommentista
Sivua kohden: 1530 50

Lähetetty: 1.2.2013 klo 3.54