Relysis Mar 28, 2013 @ 6:41pm
Big Picture mode Choose Install and Preload Directory
Title says it all. Using a dedicated gaming PC on a television in big picture mode, you currently have to exit out to desktop in order to install and choose between directories. The install button in big picture mode simply installs to default without asking.

Update: Added Preload directory choice to request title, as others have commented.
Last edited by Relysis; Mar 7, 2014 @ 12:11pm
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Sentinel Mar 28, 2013 @ 11:27pm 
Why would you need to change Directories anyway?
Relysis Mar 29, 2013 @ 11:29am 
Games with massive load times benefit from being installed on an SSD. But the space is small (mine at least), so everything else should go on a hard drive. The option to choose directory upon install is already in the normal desktop client, but not in big picture mode.
NekoTheDeerWolf ♂ Mar 29, 2013 @ 12:27pm 
i think this is a good idea. what if a guy has 15 Hard Drives in his computer he might use five or even six of them on his tv for games.
Relysis May 18, 2013 @ 3:04pm 
Bunp, as it looks like this was not added in the last big picture mode update
F4BN1NJ4 Jun 14, 2013 @ 7:39am 
I've been searching all over for an answer to this, and I'm surprised this thread is all I found. I would also like to have an option of where I install my games in BPM. Even if I can set a default folder for where games are installed while in BPM would be fine, since I will most likely be installing them to my secondary drive anyway.
Canti Jun 14, 2013 @ 7:41am 
This is all you found because the option isn't there. Do it all through the client first as a workaround.
F4BN1NJ4 Jun 14, 2013 @ 7:43am 
What I mean is, nobody else is asking about this. I know that I can install games to a different place from the main client.
Relysis Oct 20, 2013 @ 1:32pm 
Frustration bump while I exit big picture mode to select an install directory...
Doog Dec 21, 2013 @ 9:54am 
+1. My living room gaming machine boots directly into big picture mode, it's pretty anoying having to exit to the desktop, plug a mouse in and install a game to my games HDD.
MartinH32 Jan 4, 2014 @ 3:08pm 
Agree - I'm after this too!
ChR0n1k Jan 21, 2014 @ 9:33am 
A workaround for now is to have steam installed on your other drive, just move the steam directory over. I had this same problem too with games in big picture mode installing on my ssd
isolatedRayFlagg Jan 21, 2014 @ 11:39am 
How about being able to choose which directory a preloaded game goes in? I have steam installed on my 80 gig ssd and my games cache on the D:\ 3 tb hd, and whenever I preload a game it throws it on my C:\ drive.
jorgemalgom Feb 10, 2014 @ 8:13pm 
need this plz
SafetyP1 Mar 7, 2014 @ 9:03am 
Originally posted by isolated1:
How about being able to choose which directory a preloaded game goes in? I have steam installed on my 80 gig ssd and my games cache on the D:\ 3 tb hd, and whenever I preload a game it throws it on my C:\ drive.

Exact same setup, very frustrating.
Taylor! Mar 7, 2014 @ 11:42am 
Originally posted by JasjeetS:
Originally posted by isolated1:

Exact same setup, very frustrating.

Same exact setup. Preloading and regular installing option in big picture mode is needed. Every time I install a game I have to exit big picture mode to install to a different library.
< >
Showing 1-15 of 34 comments
Per page: 15 30 50