Aoxomoxoa Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:03pm
Show us the gameplay, not the cinematics.....
Back in the old days, when you had to buy games in a box, from a store, you had to look at the back of the box and rely on 2-3 small images to get an impression of what the game looked like. Often these were intentionally misleading, and showed the most impressive looking scenes in the game, but not the gameplay itself.

Shopping for a new game to play on steam is exactly like looking at the back of a box in 1995. You show a couple short videos that are just compilations of all the best looking cut scenes, aka "official trailers". Then you show several images, most of which always seem to also be cinematic cut scenes. Very rarely if ever do you even show an image of what the gameplay looks like, with elements of the UI visible.

To see if a game even looks interesting to me, I'm always having to go to youtube and add "gameplay" to the search. Then I can see the game in all it's glory, UI and all.

So my suggestion is this: Can you please try to show more video and images of the actual games being played by humans, and focus less on these really pretty CG animations that only represent those times when the player has no control.
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Satoru Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:32pm 
tahts up to the dev, not steam
< >
Showing 1-1 of 1 comments
Per page: 1530 50

Date Posted: Oct 20, 2014 @ 10:03pm