Medieval Peanut Apr 23 @ 11:23pm
Please change the game listings
I've actually started buying LESS from steam because its getting too frustrating sorting through all the junk. Its really become a free for all and I feel it disminishes premium titles for the sake of all that extra stuff.

I don't mind having that extra content but its not "new" so its misleading putting it in that area. Create a section called "Flashback" or something to reduce some of the clutter. Also, I really dont think Alpha/Beta games belong on the main page either, they are pre-release, they need their own section for people wanting to invest in the title. I invest in some of these titles but its usually as I go through the greenlight section, not because they are on the main page.

do something or not, but the more its done, the more I just skip over it and look at competitor services that aren't just spamming the page with old or still in development stuff making it harder for me to identify the premium titles I want. Yes, I can look at the price but you're releasing too much stuff most of it in these categories, I shouldn't be inconveinced because Steam wants a few more $$ instead of making the serivce more friendly for the customer to navigate. As I said, its actually giving me negative reinforcement to buy less, not more.

There's also been an uptick in crappy games, like all those simulator games. It ruins Steams goodwill and image and seems to just make customers irate (based on the feedback in the game forums). I've bought a couple and they were terrible and so I dont get burned by others, I avoid them all now because I dont want to get stuck with another junk title and shouldn't have to depend on forums which usually devovle into people complaining because no one can discern the good developers from the bad. I like sim games so this is frustrating. It needs some serious QA before greenlighting a game... Quality over Quantity...

I should be walking away as a happy customer...

thanks for hearing me out.

Last edited by Medieval Peanut; Apr 23 @ 11:29pm
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
SinisterEvil Apr 24 @ 6:20pm 
a long reading but yes I agree. Near Xmas 2013 I went crazy buying all the good games during their holiday sale for $3 or $8 and got heaps of games. Now I buy less as there is a lot of junk games and indie games flooding the marker so I am buying less too. Total Agree with you
WhiteKnight77 Apr 24 @ 9:43pm 
Another thread complaining about rereleases and Early Access games.
himmatsj Apr 24 @ 9:47pm 
Originally posted by WhiteKnight77:
Another thread complaining about rereleases and Early Access games.

Due to our complaints, Early Access games are now rightly off the frontpage release tab.

Good on you if it doesn't affect yourself, but plenty gamers are peeved at the influx of old games. They should have their own page or something just like Early Access games. If enough people make their displeasure known, Valve will act on it as well. This is what we call a proactive community, not one that just gobbles up anything its overlords throws at it with no questions asked.
Black Blade Apr 27 @ 6:18am 
Originally posted by himmatsj:
Due to our complaints, Early Access games are now rightly off the frontpage release tab.
Sorry but when did that happen?
himmatsj Apr 27 @ 7:04am 
Originally posted by Black Blade:
Sorry but when did that happen?

About two months already. Some of the bigger EA games get a Frontpage banner spot, but that's about it. It also appears in the news at the bottom of the Frontpage.

But they are completely off the release tabs.
Black Blade Apr 27 @ 7:08am 
About two months already. Some of the bigger EA games get a Frontpage banner spot, but that's about it. It also appears in the news at the bottom of the Frontpage.

But they are completely off the release tabs.
:)
Ok... if that is what you think happen.. i think its more related to that the EAG just did not have any new releases lately.. but what ever
TirithRR Apr 27 @ 7:12am 
Ya, it's the same thing with how people thing EA games are drowning out the other big releases. It's simply not true, it's just that other big releases aren't happening. We have Watch Dogs, Dark Souls 2, and Tropico 5 being advertised right now. Plus apparently a price drop on Skyrim Legendary Edition (or what ever else has caused it to be front page). A few free 2 play games, an ad for a CS:GO update, and a couple Early Access games, one from a company that has already full released one EA game.
Medieval Peanut Apr 27 @ 11:43am 
Yeah maybe they moved the prelaunch stuff off or something but its still weeding through a ton of throwback games like Final Fantasy 7 or whatever that saturate. i dont mind steam having it but they need their own section. I guess as a "PC player" what's important to me are less the mobile games or stuff from big fish (the quick and cheapy ones) which are all great but I play PC games for the big titles, COD, Dragon Age, etc most of the time and the quick games the least amount. also, the junk titles, some of them need to have consequences for the dev groups, i mean there was a blast of sim ones that were outright criminal, $15 for driving a for lift...$15 for driving vehicles around and airport. You go to their forums and they are riddled with ♥♥♥♥ed off people.
himmatsj Apr 27 @ 11:46am 
Originally posted by Medieval Peanut:
Yeah maybe they moved the prelaunch stuff off or something but its still weeding through a ton of throwback games like Final Fantasy 7 or whatever that saturate. i dont mind steam having it but they need their own section. I guess as a "PC player" what's important to me are less the mobile games or stuff from big fish (the quick and cheapy ones) which are all great but I play PC games for the big titles, COD, Dragon Age, etc most of the time and the quick games the least amount. also, the junk titles, some of them need to have consequences for the dev groups, i mean there was a blast of sim ones that were outright criminal, $15 for driving a for lift...$15 for driving vehicles around and airport. You go to their forums and they are riddled with ♥♥♥♥ed off people.

Steam is losing the plot, that's all I can say. Can't wait for XBOX for Windows to launch later this year. That store/platform would be better than the cluster♥♥♥♥ Steam is right now.

Also, Square Enix are gonna have their own store/client from what I hear, and there's gonna be a major revamp of uPlay as well.

What we need is proper competition for Steam or else they couldn't be bothered about the plight of us gamers.
SinisterEvil Apr 28 @ 3:45am 
yeah all the flood and influx of indie games are drowning out the big releases.
And why is "SCARFACE" non on steam yet? that was a classic?
WhiteKnight77 Apr 28 @ 6:22pm 
Originally posted by Medieval Peanut:

Steam is losing the plot, that's all I can say. Can't wait for XBOX for Windows to launch later this year. That store/platform would be better than the cluster♥♥♥♥ Steam is right now.

Also, Square Enix are gonna have their own store/client from what I hear, and there's gonna be a major revamp of uPlay as well.

What we need is proper competition for Steam or else they couldn't be bothered about the plight of us gamers.

Microsoft already had XBox for Windows called Games For Windows Live. It was an abject failure that ended up with MS shutting everything about it down. PC gamers were not going to ever give MS money to do something that they had been doing for free for years as well as have other avenues to buy games.

What you may be referring to is XBox Games on Windows where you can buy only downloadable games that XBox users can buy. Sorry, retail XBox games will not work. More about it in the What “Xbox Games on Windows” actually means[arstechnica.com] article.

Despite the name, you won't be able to just insert an Xbox disc into your PC and play it using the Xbox Games on Windows app (if only!). In fact, the Xbox Games on Windows branding won't be used for retail games at all, but only for downloadable games on the Windows 8 Store. But not all Windows 8 downloadable games will be Xbox on Windows games—only a small subset will be integrated into the service. And if you own a downloadable game on the Xbox 360, you won't necessarily have access to the PC version of that same game through Xbox Games on Windows.

Reading through the article, it sounds just like the GFWL debacle all over again and reading through some of the comments, it does not sound good, even for comments that are two years old.
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 23 @ 11:23pm