Kristian818 Apr 2 @ 11:03pm
DRM`s
Hello everyone on Steam am i the only one who thinks that games using DRM`s (Uplay and Origin (never met Origin on Steam but you know what i mean) kind of stuff) should be removed from Steam because it usually don`t work (have tried on H.A.W.X. 2 never buying from Ubisoft again until they remove the Uplay feature) and when you already have installed Steam then shall install a other game software than Steam itself. I think it is okay that you shall use a account but not install software beside Steam and i think the game company`s would think a little more about using DRM`s in their games because they don`t can get on Steam if they use DRM`s. Am i the only one who thinks this or is there more people who thinks this? If i want to install these kind of software i would buy from them directly instead of from Steam
Sorry for English i am from Denmark
Last edited by Kristian818; Apr 2 @ 11:18pm
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
L-r | Canti Apr 2 @ 11:08pm 
Originally posted by Kristian818:
Hello everyone on Steam am i the only one who thinks that games using DRM`s (Uplay and Origin kind of stuff) should be removed from Steam because it usually don`t work
If it doesn't work for you, then that's fine and you can go ahead and not buy any games that use Uplay.

For the rest of us who are not having any problems with it, I don't see why those games should be removed.
Kristian818 Apr 2 @ 11:14pm 
Canti it is because if you go on a game using Uplay for example then if you see "Only Negative Comments" alot of other users have the same problem about getting these things to work and i said it wrong up in my first comment it should have been like "I think that Steam should take it up with Ubisoft and the other kind of DRM`s that exist on Steam then if they don`t want to take DRM`s away Steam could do something" It was a stupid wrote sentence from me and the reason i would get them away is to stop them from using RDM so all us it don`t work for will play the games again it would be better for all parts and we will not have to fill our computers with all kind of game software only the games itself
Last edited by Kristian818; Apr 2 @ 11:16pm
L-r | Canti Apr 2 @ 11:17pm 
"A lot of users" does not mean ALL users.

Uplay works fine for me.

I run a Uplay game from Steam, Uplay launches, then the game launches. It takes less clicks to start a game like Rayman Legends than it does to start Skyrim or Borderlands 2 with their redundant launchers.

If Uplay is causing issues for you, either don't buy those games or fix your PC. No need to ruin it for everyone else.
Kristian818 Apr 2 @ 11:21pm 
Originally posted by Canti:
"A lot of users" does not mean ALL users.

Uplay works fine for me.

I run a Uplay game from Steam, Uplay launches, then the game launches. It takes less clicks to start a game like Rayman Legends than it does to start Skyrim or Borderlands 2 with their redundant launchers.

If Uplay is causing issues for you, either don't buy those games or fix your PC. No need to ruin it for everyone else.

Not to go after you at all but how to fix my computer i don`t have problems in my computer at all firewall and virus protection working fine so what shall i even fix it from if you have a solution please post it so all the users hit by this problem can get their games to work :-)
L-r | Canti Apr 2 @ 11:23pm 
You haven't said what problem you're having.

Try asking here:

http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/514-Technical-amp-support-issues
Kristian818 Apr 2 @ 11:25pm 
Okay my problem is the launcher installed it correct then error code 1 "launcher not installed" always come and close my game and have checked alot of websites and the only answer is try again from old posts i have paid 20 € to get that error code
Last edited by Kristian818; Apr 2 @ 11:29pm
Hayachan Apr 3 @ 1:48am 
Originally posted by Kristian818:
games using DRM`s
You know that Steam is DRM as well, right?
Steam is more of a store in most cases. Ubisoft just puts the games here to get more profit. For the "launcher not installed" error, reinstall Uplay from the official site.
Last edited by Hayachan; Apr 3 @ 1:48am
Fork_Q Apr 3 @ 2:25am 
I hate most DRM; but rather it be on Steam, just with warnings.
Tito Shivan Apr 3 @ 2:40am 
Consider those 'other DRMs' are the game PRIMARY drm scheme.
It's Steam the 'foreigner' DRM that's added on top on that. Requesting publishers to remove their main DRM scheme in order to sell on here is a request that simply won't go through.
Scutterman Apr 3 @ 4:17am 
I read an interview with Gabe Newall where he stated that Valve will advice developers, but they won't force anything on them. Valve is supposed to be a distribution network, not a publisher or a gatekeeper, and adding restrictions like this would go against that philosophy.
Satoru Apr 3 @ 4:50am 
Ive neer had an issue with uPlay nor Origin.
R.I.P. Doe (od on thc) Apr 3 @ 7:47am 
I deal with microsoft drm, seriously windows 7 is smart!

anyways luckey steam and games for live windwos works
R.I.P. Doe (od on thc) Apr 3 @ 7:48am 
Originally posted by Scutterman:
I read an interview with Gabe Newall where he stated that Valve will advice developers, but they won't force anything on them. Valve is supposed to be a distribution network, not a publisher or a gatekeeper, and adding restrictions like this would go against that philosophy.

and that is why he is king of all! Free market dillevery system
Scutterman Apr 3 @ 9:04am 
Originally posted by HiredMercenary.Doe:

and that is why he is king of all! Free market dillevery system
Only if they get it right. Greenlight was an attempt at this, but they got that wrong. They've admitted that, and now they're trying to find a better solution. I have to admire them for trying to do something that no-one has ever done before.
Black Blade Apr 3 @ 9:55am 
Only if they get it right. Greenlight was an attempt at this, but they got that wrong. They've admitted that, and now they're trying to find a better solution. I have to admire them for trying to do something that no-one has ever done before.
When have they say it failed? as much as i remember they just say it was just not fast enugth or there is something better.. not that its not working
And ya there no fear to try new things is what makes them who they are
Showing 1-15 of 23 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2 @ 11:03pm