Kilo Apr 2, 2014 @ 9:38pm
Eliminate Reporting
Reporting doesnt seem to add much value to the game. Basically if a game is going bad it allows in some cases for team players to use it as a threat even when there is no intentional feeding.

I think it mostly adds drama to the game play versus improving quality of games. Also there is not a match that goes by where people are not threatening someone with being reported so how does Valve validate reporting? It doesn't seem like a balanced tool.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Canti Apr 2, 2014 @ 11:04pm 
If you file a false report, you run the risk of getting in trouble yourself.

If people are using reports as a threat, simply ignore them.
Scutterman Apr 3, 2014 @ 3:47am 
In addition to what Canti said, the Report system has some real advantages. Players being racist, sexist, abusive, etc. need to be reported, and they need to be banned.
Kilo Apr 7, 2014 @ 3:21pm 
Originally posted by Canti:

My understanding is the reporting system uses weight where after x amount of games of a large number of reports a person is suspended. Supposedly reporting is not human reviewed so potentially people can be suspended by players who didnt like the others game play while they didnt do anything wrong either.
Black Blade Apr 7, 2014 @ 3:26pm 
Originally posted by Nova:
My understanding is the reporting system uses weight where after x amount of games of a large number of reports a person is suspended. Supposedly reporting is not human reviewed so potentially people can be suspended by players who didnt like the others game play while they didnt do anything wrong either.
If you mean in game ... well i think that changes from game to game
Scutterman Apr 7, 2014 @ 4:37pm 
Originally posted by Nova:
Originally posted by Canti:

In Dota2, it is reviewed. If you submit a report and it's upheld, you get som (invisible) karma. The more karma you have, the higher priority your reports get. I believe that if you get high enough karma then your reports are instantly successful, but that's pretty rare.
Showing 1-5 of 5 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Apr 2, 2014 @ 9:38pm