Merim93 Mar 30 @ 10:45pm
Adding packages to wishlist
I know normally people would add games in wishlist but what if they can shorten it by adding a package in the wishlist? So that way, it shows what they want and how cheap it goes. Not to mention it would help remind you what kind of package you're buying. I know i wanted to add some packages to wishlist, it can be used to either show others what you want or remind yourself what you want. What do you guys think?
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
u6vw Mar 30 @ 11:18pm 
what is a package?
Dark Ace Mar 30 @ 11:37pm 
You can already add games and packs to the wishlist, or just add the to the shopping cart and get the whole price for the games, though I agree that it also would be great to see how much it cost in the wishlist tab
MarbearEstelle Mar 31 @ 12:08am 
Do they ever make permanent packages that you can add to a wishlist, or is it only temporary?
Merim93 Mar 31 @ 2:13am 
Originally posted by Dark Ace:
You can already add games and packs to the wishlist, or just add the to the shopping cart and get the whole price for the games, though I agree that it also would be great to see how much it cost in the wishlist tab
Are you sure? I have checked it out recently and couldnt put it in wishlist. I'll go check again.
Merim93 Mar 31 @ 2:18am 
Nope i cant, however you can put it in cart. Though it'd be better on wishlist, just as i said.

Originally posted by MarbearEstelle:
Do they ever make permanent packages that you can add to a wishlist, or is it only temporary?
I dont think so, far as i know.

Originally posted by u6vw:
what is a package?
package is when theres 1 content with full of games, you can buy the package for less. Better than buying each game, which also helps save your spendings if you are trying to save something. Check it out in the store whenever you can, unless you already knew what it is.
robo Mar 31 @ 2:25am 
what is a package?

Game bundles on steam. like this one: http://store.steampowered.com/sub/222/
Fox Mar 31 @ 3:37am 
Originally posted by Merim93:
I know normally people would add games in wishlist but what if they can shorten it by adding a package in the wishlist? So that way, it shows what they want and how cheap it goes. Not to mention it would help remind you what kind of package you're buying. I know i wanted to add some packages to wishlist, it can be used to either show others what you want or remind yourself what you want. What do you guys think?
It could be an issue if the bundle gets modified. After all, you may not want a bundle anymore if a game gets deleted from it (say, it was pulled from Steam), but you may also not want a newly added game which increases the bundle price.
But Steam can't know if the modified bundle should stay in your wishlist or not.

A pop-up might be the answer, but I know too many people who won't even bother reading it, and then, complain about the missing/added game.
Merim93 Mar 31 @ 11:18pm 
Originally posted by Fox:
It could be an issue if the bundle gets modified. After all, you may not want a bundle anymore if a game gets deleted from it (say, it was pulled from Steam), but you may also not want a newly added game which increases the bundle price.
But Steam can't know if the modified bundle should stay in your wishlist or not.

A pop-up might be the answer, but I know too many people who won't even bother reading it, and then, complain about the missing/added game.
Well the only respond they get if it was a complaint was "did you read the message?" or "did you get the message?" and if they say "no" then they will explain how it works. Even if its on discussion board, we can explain it. Not to mention if it were to be updated, steam would let us know whats the update. But as you said before, some people would not bother reading it, which is true and which is also a problem to them because if they dont read it, they dont know whats going to happen. It can either be a pop up message or it'll send directly in your inbox where they will tell you about it why its gone. But you made a good point on how it would "pull it off from steam". That is why steam should let us know on the update, that also means pop up or inbox messages, just so they let us know.
Last edited by Merim93; Mar 31 @ 11:18pm
Yeah, you're wrong. You can wishlist any individual game, but you cannot wishlist packages.
Merim93 Mar 31 @ 11:53pm 
Originally posted by Septentrio Germanico Foederatio:
Yeah, you're wrong. You can wishlist any individual game, but you cannot wishlist packages.
Thats the thing, i wanted us to be able to wishlist packages. I dont know if i ever did mentioned any about individual games. If i did, it was just a guess. My main point is the packages.
u6vw May 18 @ 4:17pm 
Nope i cant, however you can put it in cart. Though it'd be better on wishlist, just as i said.

Originally posted by MarbearEstelle:
I dont think so, far as i know.

what is a package?
package is when theres 1 content with full of games, you can buy the package for less. Better than buying each game, which also helps save your spendings if you are trying to save something. Check it out in the store whenever you can, unless you already knew what it is.
thanks
Showing 1-11 of 11 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 30 @ 10:45pm