Dieses Thema wurde geschlossen
Far, far too many "Early access" and "Pre-purchase" in highlights
I'm sure I'm not the only one getting more than a little annoyed at how the *majority* of games in the side-scrolling featured / highlighted games section - when you first open the store, are pre-purchase or early access: At least give us a switch to turn these on/off.

I like popping into the Steam Store to see what's new and what's in the featured scroll; The occasional early access or pre-purchase: Fine. When it is far more than 50% of the games (today it's close to 80% of the games being displayed) - That's worse than useless: Your "featurring" games that aren't even complete (or, in some cased, not even built)

I'm not against either: I have four early access games right now - I get their importance: But come on, let's get back to highlighting games that can be played as soon as the download is complete.

Old man rant over :)
< >
Beiträge 19 von 9
Satoru 20. März 2014 um 14:25 
As this is the season if "jack will be released until October" yes there will be many new releases from Indies, and since Indies tend to take advantage of Early Access more than AAA you will see more of them.
Dragnet 20. März 2014 um 17:18 
I'd just like the ability to turn them on or off, especially in that sliding window at the top of the Steam store: 20% early access, I think that's fine: 80%: That's far too much to make it worth thinking it's worth browsing through the rest of the titles.
Fork_Q2 20. März 2014 um 17:31 
Far, far too many posts about "Early access" and "pre-purchase" in forums....
Dragnet 20. März 2014 um 17:57 
...Then perhaps that suggests that far, far too many Steam users would like something done about it :)
Fork_Q2 20. März 2014 um 18:00 
It's good to be exposed to stuff you don't normally buy, and let's be honest - you and others complaining about Early Access exaggerate greatly.
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Dragnet:
...Then perhaps that suggests that far, far too many Steam users would like something done about it :)
It's better to comment on existing threads than to make a new thread because it gets more visibility that way.
Dragnet 20. März 2014 um 22:54 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Scutterman:
It's better to comment on existing threads than to make a new thread because it gets more visibility that way.
Just checking now, there at 17 games in the highlights: 9 of them, or 53%, are early-access/pre-purchase. That's hardly exagguration :)

Fork_Q2 21. März 2014 um 1:37 
Ursprünglich geschrieben von Scutterman:
Just checking now, there at 17 games in the highlights: 9 of them, or 53%, are early-access/pre-purchase. That's hardly exagguration :)

That's just the featured, I just had a quick look at the the rest of the current page: all of the "New Release" is a full downloadable game, you have the option to turn off DLC. Only 12 of "Top Sellers" is an Early Access and just 1 from the "Specials".

The amount of Early Access and Pre-ordered is easily dwarfed by available games on Steam's front page.
Please, use the search function for all the existing discussions on the subject.
< >
Beiträge 19 von 9
Pro Seite: 1530 50

Geschrieben am: 20. März 2014 um 14:19