UFOboy Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:19pm
Multi-catagory
I don't know why you can only put your games in single catagories. Letting games sort into multipule catagories would open up a lot of possibilities like "Multiplayer" and "Action."

If it is a display issue, like it's one total list then there can be a "Main Catagory" and a few sub catagories for each item.

Simple enough idea, i'm half expecting the first comment on this discussion to be, 'You just have to do this or that and there you go. Idiot.'
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
TirithRR Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:22pm 
I'm hoping they extend the Tag system from the Store to the personal Library.
UFOboy Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:25pm 
Originally posted by TirithRR:
I'm hoping they extend the Tag system from the Store to the personal Library.
That would work really well. The Tag system is in beta still anyway.
aiusepsi Mar 9, 2014 @ 4:31am 
The category system in the client actually was a tag system in the beta, and then they purposefully narrowed it so that each game could only have one tag.

I'm sure they had a gold reason for making that decision.
Black Blade Mar 9, 2014 @ 4:46am 
Well i can really see also the mess of doing something like these... i mean think abut having a game that go across many things..
Then you will have it maybe 6 times? now think on that been on 1000 games
I think it will end as a mess most of all
Mahnogard Mar 9, 2014 @ 8:04pm 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
Well i can really see also the mess of doing something like these... i mean think abut having a game that go across many things..
Then you will have it maybe 6 times? now think on that been on 1000 games :D:
I think it will end as a mess most of all

As someone who tends to over-organize digital content of all types (books, movies, music, etc), for me, being able to specify more than one category makes it much easier for me to find what I'm looking for. If I want a specific game, I can just use the search box. But if I want a *type* of game, well, a lot of games don't fall into neat single categories.

So +1 for multiple categories or, better yet, a tag-based system for the client.
Black Blade Mar 10, 2014 @ 3:55am 
Originally posted by Mahnogard:
As someone who tends to over-organize digital content of all types (books, movies, music, etc), for me, being able to specify more than one category makes it much easier for me to find what I'm looking for. If I want a specific game, I can just use the search box. But if I want a *type* of game, well, a lot of games don't fall into neat single categories.

So +1 for multiple categories or, better yet, a tag-based system for the client.
adding the tags sure sounds good
I was just pointing out why they may not allow ctagorying in more then one catagory
UFOboy Mar 10, 2014 @ 5:39pm 
But i also stated sub-catagories. Because the catagories work like folders right now. Folders can be put in other folders. Maybe not a multi-location catagory system but a bit more depth would help. Cause then you could have 2 big catagories like... "Solo" and "Multiplayer" and after that in Solo you couldn't have 'Adventure' 'Point & Click' and stuff like that.
Tags would also obviously be a great fix. Or both.
Showing 1-7 of 7 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50

Date Posted: Mar 8, 2014 @ 7:19pm