Frightowl Mar 7 @ 7:29pm
Status Edit
?

Probably will never come up with a suggestion or idea no one has already done, but here I go.

Isn't it sometimes annoying when you post a status and say you accidentally wrote an incorrect word or you needed to add something extra? I mean, it happens a few times with me And I think it'd be pretty alright and nothing wrong with having a little edit status button like with announcements. I can't help finding it slightly annoying, then I'd have to copy the whole text again and restart, and fix whatever, and if I messed up a second time, will need to redo it over, only thing I can think of preventing this is careful attention to spelling and make sure everything I needed to say is there before posting.

But I still think it'd make some things a little easier if they had an edit button for status.
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Black Blade Mar 8 @ 9:29am 
I do agree it will be nice the problem i can see with these is someone posting something then editing it to something else to joke on his friends

Or even more posting some nice site.. every one say wow.. then they change it to some Scam site and every one that come see comments that are good and things like that
Meatbug Mar 8 @ 9:32am 
Totally agree. I had this issue as well when the reviews were actually recommendations. There wasn't an edit button and it's just annoying, when you need to delete it and post again correctly.
Fox Mar 8 @ 9:33am 
Originally posted by Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
I do agree it will be nice the problem i can see with these is someone posting something then editing it to something else to joke on his friends

Or even more posting some nice site.. every one say wow.. then they change it to some Scam site and every one that come see comments that are good and things like that
^This.
People would need to know that it was edited, akin to forum posts.
Frightowl Mar 8 @ 2:51pm 

BUT, regardlessly, they could delete it and repost it with a scam site, OR you never know if they already do it, so, to let people know it was edited, it should have the "last edited by" like with posts. Status is a lot like announcements, in announcements, you can edit it, so if someone had a site, they CAN edit and change it to a scam. You never know!
Last edited by Frightowl; Mar 8 @ 2:52pm
Black Blade Mar 8 @ 3:57pm 
Originally posted by Lemonator 3000:
BUT, regardlessly, they could delete it and repost it with a scam site, OR you never know if they already do it, so, to let people know it was edited, it should have the "last edited by" like with posts. Status is a lot like announcements, in announcements, you can edit it, so if someone had a site, they CAN edit and change it to a scam. You never know!
a scum list is just one opsin and the first that come in mind....
Also if you delete it and repost you will not have the comments

And really these is more of my guess why Valve did it with no Edit
Frightowl Mar 8 @ 5:05pm 
a scum list is just one opsin and the first that come in mind....
Also if you delete it and repost you will not have the comments

And really these is more of my guess why Valve did it with no Edit
Guess that's true, I'm finding it too hard to have an idea that doesn't have any problems. Next time I'll think of every possibilty before posting it as an idea.
Black Blade Mar 8 @ 5:08pm 
Guess that's true, I'm finding it too hard to have an idea that doesn't have any problems. Next time I'll think of every possibilty before posting it as an idea.
O.o dude.. i am not saying these is bad.. i am trying to point out why it may not have happen so far.. and to think on ideas how to be sure it will be able to work...

I think you will never really find an idea that will not have problems.... but is for us to try to find them all and fix them
Last edited by Black Blade; Mar 8 @ 5:09pm
Meatbug Mar 8 @ 11:28pm 
i am trying to point out why it may not have happen so far.. and to think on ideas how to be sure it will be able to work...

I wouldn't think that there is any particular reason that they not have it yet, other than "oh we didn'T thought about it".
They didn't had an edit-function fro recommendations, now they have it for reviews.
Which can also cause problems if you post a good review, everyone "likes" it and then you're changing it to a bad one. So i don't think, this is an issue for Valve.
Black Blade Mar 9 @ 4:18am 
Originally posted by Meatbug:
I wouldn't think that there is any particular reason that they not have it yet, other than "oh we didn'T thought about it".
They didn't had an edit-function fro recommendations, now they have it for reviews.
Which can also cause problems if you post a good review, everyone "likes" it and then you're changing it to a bad one. So i don't think, this is an issue for Valve.
Fair point even that if you made one good review i think its high chance you will edit it to the better not the worst
Showing 1-9 of 9 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 7 @ 7:29pm