Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Suggestions / Ideas > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Steam for Windows 98, 95, 3.1 & OS 9
I'm into older computers and would love to be able to use Steam on earlier versions of Windows. I know that Steam used to support Windows 98, so I was hoping they could re-add support or make a separate client. Mac OS 9 support would be awesome too. Thoughts?
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Tachyon; 3 Μαρ 2014, 14:20
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-9 από 9 σχόλια
Well i think most moved by now... maybe better to update or try Linux or something XD

(long time not seen)
Why would they waste time building stable clients for old verison of windows that no one uses anymore?
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Hempest:
Why would they waste time building stable clients for old verison of windows that no one uses anymore?
Because GabeN loves all of his fans, regardless of the OS they use.
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Hempest:
Well figers out someone dose use
But seening that BPM dose not work on XP i see it as low they will really work back to windows 98 or anything like that
Lord GabeN promised game ownership regardless of platform:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0Ta0g05tzY
Τελευταία επεξεργασία από Tachyon; 3 Μαρ 2014, 14:38
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Nakura Chambers:
Lord GabeN promised game ownership regardless of OS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxqu51mJpyc
I am not sure that is anything officel... any how

And that says platform not OS :D:
Αναρτήθηκε αρχικά από Black Blade (Study again \(-.-)/:
Lord GabeN promised game ownership regardless of OS:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxqu51mJpyc
I am not sure that is anything officel... any how

And that says platform not OS :D:
That's the official Half-Life 2 trailer on the Steam page. Technically Mac OS runs on an entirely different platform from Mac OS X, Windows and Linux. It wasn't until OS X that things started to become cross-compatible. =P
I'm into older computers and would love to be able to use Steam on earlier versions of Windows. I know that Steam used to support Windows 98, so I was hoping they could re-add support or make a separate client. Mac OS 9 support would be awesome too. Thoughts?
Maintaining a certain version of the software REQUIRES that you put people who would know how to handle it.
You'd have to push updates from this version too, debug it along with the main Steam client...
For all these efforts to be worth, you need to have a sizable user base willing to use your product. That's the case for Linux and Mac users, whose lack of games are an unexploited mine gold for Steam.

Old Windows versions.... not so much. Their user base are, in fact, dwindling.
While XP still has an important user database (and is therefore the reason for Steam to keep an XP-compatible client), older versions are not only unsupported, but also negligeable.

So why would you allocate valuable resources to support that few users, whereas there are other fields that would make money if you give them enough resources ?
For a business point of view, it makes no sense.

Invalid.
You know when you're troubleshooting games that don't work? One of the first things always asked is 'Do you have the latest graphics drivers installed?'

Nvidia's last video driver for Win 98 was in 2005.

I remember windows 98. Idon't want to go back there. Heck, I find XP bad enough now.
< >
Εμφάνιση 1-9 από 9 σχόλια
Ανά σελίδα: 1530 50

Όλες οι συζητήσεις > Φόρουμ Steam > Suggestions / Ideas > Λεπτομέρειες θέματος
Ημ/νία ανάρτησης: 3 Μαρ 2014, 14:19
Αναρτήσεις: 9