[KMs] LeiNha Mar 3 @ 7:17am
Output device change.
I would love if steam would have a device assignment just like it has a recording device's. Sometimes a game doesn't allow us to change the device, and that sucks. So, please, let us choose a device output on steam options =)
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Spawn of Totoro Mar 3 @ 7:33am 
Steam can't change it for a specific game as each game is still independent with it's own programing and code. Each game developer would have to add code to allow for this option. I'm sure not many are willing to go back and create a patch just for this either. The cost to do so would outweigh any potential profits.

You can change the windows setting for the device before launching the game. That is the only central area that effects all games.
[KMs] LeiNha Mar 3 @ 10:25am 
Couldn't steam just "emulate" a default device for the games? Like send a message "hey, this is the default device, not the windows one" that's what I mean, not each specific game one default output
simu Mar 3 @ 11:52am 
I am in no way a "windows programmer", but I do not believe that that is a thing Valve could reasonably do.

Different "right now" solution:
I am sure there is at least one piece of software even on steam that allows you to assign a default monitor for individual applications.
So you could just flip the situation, have the tool set your default monitor to be the gaming one and just confgrure your other applications to default to the other monitor. (This way you would not have to fiddle with that tool each time you install a new steam game, which at least for me happens significantly more often than installing other permanent programs).
Might turn out to be a cumbersome initial setup, but after having explicitly configured Firefox, Thunderbird and the other 5 Programs you actually use regularly besides steam, you'd be done "forever".

EDIT:
Found 2 related programs, did not check for the actual functionality but should get you going in the right direction:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=107932213
http://store.steampowered.com/app/227260/
Last edited by simu; Mar 3 @ 11:56am
Showing 1-3 of 3 comments
< >
Per page: 15 30 50
Date Posted: Mar 3 @ 7:17am